Thread: Webley Pellet Tin (70s / 80s .177) Collectible?

Webley Pellet Tin (70s / 80s .177) Collectible?

I have just unearthed a Webley Pellet tin.

I have done a bit of digging and as far as i can fathom its late 70s early 80s?
    the only thing i have found to compare is a tin with the Red patch, i assume these are .22 and the green .177

Its got about 300 of what appear to be the original pellets left, and has a slight pull on the lid (as if its been pulled up by a small screwdriver)

Whats the collectible status of these, or is it just another tin to keep spare screws in when the contents have been fired??!!

I would upload a pic but it doesnt have the attachment box??

Many Thanks
    GOOD DEALS - Over 35

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Does it look similar to the one pictured below, only with a green, not an orange flash ? If it does, they are quite rare. I'm currently selling one with a Tempest Pistol hereabouts, and imo, their value with sample contents is i.r.o. £20. Hope this helps . Atb: G.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

yes Gareth its exactly the same but with the green flash, admittedly not in as good condition, i will try and get a pic up

Last edited by ph5172; 06-11-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    GOOD DEALS - Over 35

Quote Originally Posted by ph5172 View Post
    yes Gareth its exactly the same but with the green flash, admittedly not in as good condition, i will try and get a pic up
    Then if is in a lesser condition, maybe only a tenner, but still not a bad price ??? Remember you'd have to post a link to an external photo hosting site if you want to put photos up however, as you can't post pix direct in collectables as I have above, unless you are a forum mod . Also, if you choose to sell it please start a fresh For Sale thread (read the stickies ). Atb: G.

Ps. Oh, and please do something about your signature, as it is causing this thread to be too wide for easy single screen reading.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Many Thanks

I will start a new thread should i decide to sell (see i read the stickies..lol)

And i will just put the number of good deals to make it easier on your eyes..lol
    GOOD DEALS - Over 35

Many Thanks

I will start a new thread should i decide to sell (see i read the stickies..lol)

And i will just put the number of good deals to make it easier on your eyes..lol
    1) Good BBS practice, nice one , and

2) Fanx ...

Webley tin

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I am keeping out of this one

edbear2 Guest
    I have just unearthed a Webley Pellet tin.

I have done a bit of digging and as far as i can fathom its late 70s early 80s?
    the only thing i have found to compare is a tin with the Red patch, i assume these are .22 and the green .177

Its got about 300 of what appear to be the original pellets left, and has a slight pull on the lid (as if its been pulled up by a small screwdriver)

Whats the collectible status of these, or is it just another tin to keep spare screws in when the contents have been fired??!!

I would upload a pic but it doesnt have the attachment box??

Many Thanks
    IMHO, and by monitoring sales over the last few years.......the price does vary wildly for no apparent reason on the odd tin (I am talking auction sites here).....I have bought full tins, unopened, for as little as £6........and have seen one's similar in condition to yours, but empty, go for £18

Generally, I would say an empty decent condition one normally ranges from £6-£11,
    with some pellets about the same, Full, with badge token, but opened £12-£20+ on a good day (similar if it is still sealed)

the earlier, oblong tins can go for big money, especially the similar looking to to newcomer, but different address "weaman street" tins.......I have seen a sealed (red cloth tape) one of these go for over £130

I have been lucky (and crafty) in where I look for mine......so many have been got for a very good price (which balances out the ones I have paid full wack for........at least that's what I tell the missus)

Some webley tins here, so you can see the differences;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7607964699940/

P.S.......Just noticed there are no earlier webley tins in pics......will get the camera out and add a few more while we have a bit of sun

Here y'go.......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7607964699940/
    Last edited by edbear2; 07-11-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: add P.S.