Thread: Where to Start in FT and HFT

Where to Start in FT and HFT

Hey folks..

Just recently joined the forum and looking to start shooting HFT and FT.

Whats the best way to get started?

I live in Edinburgh and was wondering if someone can tell me if there are events run in the north England and Scotland for FT and HFT. Or if I will have to travel to enter the events distributed about the country (i.e at bisley)...had a browse through the forum but couldnt really find anything conclusive.

Also am I correct in thinking I have missed all of the 09 season and will need to wait till start of the 2010 season.

Thanks

Airgunscotland.org will be worth a good look for scottish events...

The national season is run over the summer with the winter being used for a more regional focus

There is a club in Juniper Green in Edinburgh. http://jgarc.org.uk/
    I think they are having a HFT competition on 6th December.

tip of the day go to your local club and ask and use the rifles and scopes of other club members before you buy any thing. wish i had done so, it would have saved me a lot of money. i was a hunter for 12 years and have just found my local ft club redferns. i have been shooting there now for 4 months and i love it, its an all new ball game. i have a s400 with a bushnell elite4200 for hunting. i now own a ev2 with a big nikko for the ft. if some one had told me 1 year ago that i would be shooting ft i would have laught, how wrong was i missed out on a lot of fun. get shooting in your local club you cant go wrong. good luck

Thanks for the advice guys,

Im in the process of joining Juniper Green, been going for a few weeks now and lovin' it, why didnt i get into this years ago?? Mispent youth or what

Found out about the HFT shoot on the 6th at JG tonight

Cant wait to try out my new Viper 10x42 and see how I do.....