Thread: pellet tin valuations please

pellet tin valuations please

various pellet tins if anyone can help please,all will then be posted for sale,ive most probably got around another 150-250 tins somewhere so watch this spaceIN THE VERY CLOSE FUTURE!
    clearing everything out completely rifles/pistols etc
    rgds scirroco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36356274@N03/4085018023/
    Last edited by scirroco; 08-11-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: alzeimers

it migt help if i added pics so here we go
    rgds scirroco

edbear2 Guest
    Hi mate........will have a go.......BUT..please bear this in mind....."values" are subjective, and fluctuate wildly.......at the moment, they seem to be very strong on auction sites, with 70's webley tins especially, that would normally be £8ish..going for twice or three times that......this normally happens when guys are in a hurry to get a collection together, or 2 people both want a particular tin, and get carried away!...... all the tins you have (excepting the 2 1950's wasp ones), I have seen at airgunners meetings at different venues, for £3-8 apiece ......but this is selling to fellow enthusiasts, or clearing old stock......I actually told one guy (hi mate!) at rivi that he would get far more for his stuff online.....but it depends whether you want all the bother of listing, or have the time to do it!.....also some of these are not ones I would say have a collectable value.....but would be cheap shooters.

So basically,there is no actual set price, only a minimum that you would be happy to get one for......on the right day, this can treble or more!.....I will put what I personally think would be the lowest that they would go for..

(assuming they are at least half to full of pellets......again excepting the old wasps....people will pay for these empty due to the age)

Perfecta.........no idea!
    .20 Spitfires.........£10-15+
    .177 Marksman......£3 upwards
    .177 wasp eley.....£3 upwards
    .177 and .22 webley green/orange tins.....£6 -£12 and up (empty).£12-20+ full with voucher
    .22 eley wasp .......empty £3-£4 and upwards.....full £6 and upwards (I know, but people want these to shoot!)
    .22 webley special (black round).....£8 and upwards
    .22 webley special (black round "green spot")....£10 and upwards
    .22 1950's wasp ("no2/5.6 style graphic")...£8 and up (due to condition).....£14 and up if clean
    .177 1950's wasps ("air rifles" style graphic) 200 size........£8 and upwards
    BSA pylarms......similar to webley black tins

the rest......whatever you can get......£2-3 each maybe..

someone else may say loads more..or less.....Its not an exact science, but I do buy and sell a lot of the above......I have seen all the above sell at various places recently, for much less, ....and much more..... than my estimates.....sorry if this all sounds vague, but it's just how it is out there.......example,today I bought a nice .22 1930's "paper label" wasp tin for 50p at a fleamarket......and it was full of blakeys

hi ed
    many thanks,never sold any tins before
    rgds scirroco