Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one for the ladies

one for the ladies

I'm trying to tempt my girlfriend into the sport but don't know how to do it. What made you take up the sport and have you always been interested in shooting? Hope no-one was offended yesterday by my thread on LADIES SHOOTING. if so, sorry!
    LIFE IS NOT COMPLICATED........
    SOCIETY JUST MAKES IT THAT WAY!!!!

Red face one for the ladies

i dont want to leave you guys out, have any of you managed to get your wives/girlfriends into the sport? if so, how? i'm after a mixed opinion, not just from the ladies

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    If you bring your girlfriend along to the shoot at the weekend, I will introduce her to Jacqui, my other half. She has been shooting for a year and a bit now, has had quite a few rifles and picked up some new swear words to boot (Sparky and Bones, cheers!!!).

Took me ages to convince her to shoot, but now she does, she thinks its great.

LeeH

P.S. There is also Sammie, Sam and Gary C if you want the opinion of a few ladies
    Last edited by The Doctor; 23-09-2004 at 08:30 AM.
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

The Wife aka Jane aka Mrs Sparky aka the She Dragon was a bit worried at first about shooting comps but seen how laid back HFT was and loves it now.

Pete

PS I still wont shoot with her though

Gary C Guest
    Originally posted by Davros
    Took me ages to convince her to shoot, but now she does, she thinks its great.

LeeH

P.S. There is also Sammie, Sam and Gary C if you want the opinion of a few ladies
    To be precise - it too ages to persuade her to shoot with a purple haired brummie poof !. Now stop having digs at me Lee, you know you want me, you know you cant have me...

one for the ladies

well then Sammie, Sam and Gary C. Got any opinions on the subject, other than Lee being a purple haired brummie poof that is?

just have no real

interest in getting the wife into shooting. i just want some peace and quiet for a while and it will also put the dampers on going to the pub after. anyway its good for her to have something to moan about . somethings we do together eat, watch tv, sleep, argue. somethings i do on my own to add to the moaning hobby that she has nurtured for years . surely it would be wrong for me to take that away from her now?
    si

one for the ladies

it could give you new things to argue about. can't beat a bit of fresh change in a healthy fighting relationship to stop the boredom.

Girl Wiv A Gun Guest
    I was introduced to shooting by my ex-boyfriend. I used to go with him lamping with dogs and rifles, and I eventually got bored of watching and wanted to join in!

So I went out and bought myself a cheap rifle to start myself off and got practising with targets, then I was eventually allowed out to join the boys.

I have never had so much fun in my life and will never give it up!

Buy her a nice lightweight rifle and teach her the basics. Then take her out to join you and she will soon want to have a go! (Hope I'm right!!)

Talking one for the ladies

thanks for that girl wiv a gun. what do you use? i have a superten, do you think that would be too heavy?

Girl Wiv A Gun Guest
    I think that would be a little heavy. My first decent rifle was a Webley Venom Viper,and I thought that was quite light. I am currently using a Webley Xocet until I can afford to upgrade, but the next rifle I am going to be considering is The new AGS LITE-W8, also would also like to try an S-16 but I dont know what they are like weight-wise.

Originally posted by Girl Wiv A Gun
    would also like to try an S-16 but I dont know what they are like weight-wise.

OTT weight wise and totally unbalanced, OK for sniping from a 'pod but I wouldn't recommend it for stalking, especially if your a wee thing like yourself.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Thumbs up

Hi Ex-squaddie,
    I don't think you upset any of the ladies, you didn't upset me.
    my husband used to go off shooting on his own all the time. I had other hobbies but they never seemed to last more than three weeks at a time.
    I got into shooting after Dunblane I went on the marches in London with all the nice lads and lasses. They were lovely people not the people the newspapers made them out to be, I have never bought a newspaper since the ban.
    Anyway I have been shooting for 8 to 9 yrs now it is a good social sport, I started shooting with a LR90 Daystate now I own a Webley Viper, I do have a go with the Webley Spectre my husband has it is much lighter and it is lovely in all weathers to take out as it has the synthetic stock.
    Like some of the ladies on here i would never give up the sport now i love it too much.

It is great seeing more women taking the sport up.

Jo

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by Girl Wiv A Gun
    would also like to try an S-16 but I dont know what they are like weight-wise.

An unreliable tool, full of wind, pretty to look at, but more trouble than they're worth in the long run.....

Yeah, you'll get along just fine.

m1toman Guest
    Try telling your girl it:cures wrinkles,stops crowsfeet and all the fresh air does her skin the world of good.........if that doesnt work tell her how hot you will find her in combats.......lol