Thread: Webley . 38 BP starting revolver

Smile Webley . 38 BP starting revolver

Iam a reenactor and shooter , and Iam looking for a Blank firing webley starting Revolver , I know they exist, but have not found one yet , also Iam looking for a Mauser smooth bore conversion or Long Lee, that can be held on a shotgun certificate, thanks BEAN CAN sorry I have posted this reply twice
    Last edited by Bean can; 08-11-2009 at 09:09 PM.

The Webley .38 blank firing revolvers are Section 5(1)(aba) prohibited weapons and are only authorised for AAA starting guns. You will not get one on ticket for re-enacting.

They are out there 'off ticket' but if you get caught with one it is a 5 year mandatory prison sentence

[ [/QUOTE, Iam very acutely aware of the legal situation, we have to be whiter than white , but we also have a good excuse for wanting Blank firers , if these webleys are classed as Blank firer's we have a good if not better reason than the AAA, for using them in controlled situation's , we also are loaned live section 1 weapons from film armourer's at events. many of us are ex Army and ex and serving Policeman thanks for the reply BEAN CAN
    Last edited by Bean can; 09-11-2009 at 10:09 PM.

You will not get a Section 5 authorisation as an individual for re-enactment purposes. Section 1 or 2 : yes, possibly. Prohibited Section 5 weapons including handguns and machine guns : no, never.

The AAA use of handguns as race starting equipment is specifically covered in the Firearms Act. Re-enacting is not.
    Last edited by snock; 10-11-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loach369 View Post
    You will not get a Section 5 authorisation as an individual for re-enactment purposes. Section 1 or 2 : yes, possibly. Prohibited Section 5 weapons including handguns and machine guns : no, never.

The AAA use of handguns as race starting equipment is specifically covered in the Firearms Act. Re-enacting is not.
    Thanks for letting me know why I cannot get one , what part of Glasgow are you from, Iam from Bearsden myself , I was up there a couple of weeks ago , my Mum and Dad still live there, GHR
    Last edited by snock; 10-11-2009 at 08:59 PM.

West End. Bearsden far too posh for me !