Thread: BSA Production

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

BSA Production

Does BSA still manufacture any of it's air rifles in England?
    Just had a look on thier web site and it doesn't seem to mention the acquisition of the firm by Gamo.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I think that barrels, trigger units and other bits are made in Brum. Stocks, bar the tactical which is UK made too I believe, are from abroad, and Gamo make other components. BSA assembles them (except the Meteor 7 which is Gamo assembled???). The PCPs are certainly put together in the UK but some parts may come from elsewhere. Its like any company these days, parts come form all over. I think, if you look in the potted history of BSA they have on their website you will find the Gamo takeover listed. Still a lot going on at BSA.

TRU is offline Am I pleased to see you, or have I got a ladder in my tights?
    spot on
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

I have been in the factory and there is still plenty of work going on there. They are very helpful, too. Sadly, it is a shadow of the industrial giant that it once was when BSA group were involved in mnay aspects of industry. The remains of the BSA factory are crying out for some kind of recognition, such as a blue plaque, a memorial or featuring on BBC's "Restoration". I am not even sure that the building is listed but perhaps it should be. Time for a campaign, perhaps?

B.S.A. now stands for "Barcelona Small Arms"!