Thread: Webley Ranger

Webley Ranger

I had a Webley Ranger (Winchester copy) many moons ago, I think Walther made them for Webley. I would dearly love to get one again. Anybody got one/ knows where one is, Photos , any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I have never seen on advertised in the past eight years. They were made by Erma in West Germany, and they were spring-powered and had a rather strange non-authentic hammer without a hammer 'ear'.

They were called the Erma ELG-10 in Germany, and you may be able to find on on the German website egun.de , a sort of auction site for firearms and air-rifles that some of the BBS community use.

Otherwise I suggest you have a look around, but if you want something better and more satisfying, get a Walther lever-action Winchester, powered by CO2. More powerful, accurate and fun than the Ranger, easily available in the UK.

Winchester look-alikes

A mate of mine had the Webley (Erma) version many moons ago and I used it a fair bit. They looked good, but were fairly low powered and very expensive compared to other rifles of the time. I've got one of the Walther underlever models with the longer barrel and I find it far better in every way compared to the Erma model, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys "fun" shooting.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

The Walther co2 may or may not be more fun than the Erma made design, but it has nothing like the same quality of manufacture, or the same beautifully made cocking mechanism.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    The Walther co2 may or may not be more fun than the Erma made design, but it has nothing like the same quality of manufacture, or the same beautifully made cocking mechanism.
    The Erma was based around their .22 rimfire rifle, hence the strong steel construction. Perhaps it would be better to get an FAC and a Marlin 39 Mountie in .22LR, and a Walther Co2 for home use? Still cheaper to buy both than get an Erma/Webley, which apparently change hands for about 500 quid....

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a FAC with a .22 rim fire at the moment, just fancied one of the Rangers , as I remember they were well engineered. I will look at the Walther Co2 and check for a s/h one on the forum.