Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UBC "Chinese Rifles"

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    hi Jim yeah your Baikal will be fine

Regards
    Paddy.
    OK!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Question Target?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Can any one please confirm the target for the new comp. Ive downloaded off the "vintage" website, but its B/W instead of the colour 1, and it has a large
    tenring or ten + ten point one centre, is this the 1 for the new comp, and how do we score the tenring, 10 or 10+10.1 ?...mike...
    I presume no one knows!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Can any one please confirm the target for the new comp. Ive downloaded off the "vintage" website, but its B/W instead of the colour 1, and it has a large
    tenring or ten + ten point one centre, is this the 1 for the new comp, and how do we score the tenring, 10 or 10+10.1 ?...mike...
    Morning Mike.

Just got in from work. I haven't even had chance to print the new target let alone shoot it.

I've copied what has been said on our UBC Forum. See Below

Quote Originally Posted by Electronicmage
    The bull on the black and white target is huge.
    The X Ring is 5mm bigger than the outer 10 ring on the other coloured target. The 10 ring is even bigger than the 9 ring on the coloured target.
    If we score 10s here pretty much everyone is going to have a perfect round.
    Hi

This is a quote from the rule page on the Comp site

Target: Use the Vintage bullseyes target below. The bull is the centre two rings because this has an X ring to allow for tiebreak situations in face to face contests and the X ring only adds 0.1in this type of contest. In this one it is only the exact centre of the bull as we run on a 6 month cycle.

Sorry for any confusion but this got put in at the last minute to allow vintage rifles to take part. A special target will be forthcoming next season.

Please start a thread on the BBS and UBC forums to discuss what we want and I can get on with it.

PS BLAME PADDY

Rest of the rules click >>HERE<<

As the new season vintage & open class rifle starts this weekend, I say lets go with it & see how we 'all' get on. If it is 'deemed' to easy than we can revert back to the orginal vintage target or as Jim put in the quote discuss a better target.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Last edited by Pad. E; 27-11-2009 at 08:52 AM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    is there a new comp up and running yet?
    Hi Sol.

The new comp will start this weekend, it will be within the Vintage Competition.

I will do an announcement later on today

BE-HAPPY-OK

Exclamation Target

Thanks paddy i think!!, er, um, we'll see...mike...

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Sol.

The new comp will start this weekend, it will be within the Vintage Competition.

I will do an announcement later on today

Cool

Oh by the way paddy did you hear anything about the name badge after??
    cheers
    sol
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

New target

Hi Guys
    As I said, this is based on a genuine vintage target but not specificaly aimed at our style of competition.
    On a personal note I would prefer a redesign. I considered possibly altering the rules to make the rifles shoot at the X ring and pistols at the combined bull but that got messy in terms of who scores what. Really we need two targets as the style and abilities of the guns used are so different that it should be separate. Unfortuneately this was done in a hurry so it has suffered the consequences.
    Paddy and myself are quite happy with a larger bull since it suits our abilities but if you want to restrict yourself to the X ring feel free to give the rest of us a chance.
    Emergency redesign can be done inside of a week if folks are really upset about this.

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Talking target

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Hi Guys
    As I said, this is based on a genuine vintage target but not specificaly aimed at our style of competition.
    On a personal note I would prefer a redesign. I considered possibly altering the rules to make the rifles shoot at the X ring and pistols at the combined bull but that got messy in terms of who scores what. Really we need two targets as the style and abilities of the guns used are so different that it should be separate. Unfortuneately this was done in a hurry so it has suffered the consequences.
    Paddy and myself are quite happy with a larger bull since it suits our abilities but if you want to restrict yourself to the X ring feel free to give the rest of us a chance.
    Emergency redesign can be done inside of a week if folks are really upset about this.

Target Bunny
    i'm not upset jim i was just confused, i havent shot rifle for ten years so it will give me a lead in,I'm happy theres a comp i can shoot 2 handed, resting left elbow on my hip 10mtr style to keep the weight off my dodgy shoulders...mike...

Question Upset

Not a problem Mick.
    You just happened to be the one who wrote in . You will NOT have been alone. Besides,it is far better to keep everything clear and open. I wish more people would highlight what they want/expect/would like to see happen.
    Regards
    Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

I wish more people would highlight what they want/expect/would like to see happen.
    Regards
    Jim
    OK, I wanna win
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Hi Guys

Target Bunny
    Shot mine today, that was a real hoot. Seriously we do need to change the target for the rifles. The 10 ring is way too big. I've taken a look at Target Bunny and I would go with the Webley Bullseye target you have in there. Plain, simple & really retro. I think this would suit all classes.

Thanks to Paddy, Jim & Jim for making an idea come to life. I hope everyone else enjoyed this as much as I did.

ATVB

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    Shot mine today, that was a real hoot. Seriously we do need to change the target for the rifles. The 10 ring is way too big. I've taken a look at Target Bunny and I would go with the Webley Bullseye target you have in there. Plain, simple & really retro. I think this would suit all classes.

Thanks to Paddy, Jim & Jim for making an idea come to life. I hope everyone else enjoyed this as much as I did.

ATVB

Paul

I like the old red white and blue target we used last Season.

But is this new one really that easy?

Probably so. But my scores don't so indicate!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 29-11-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Question Easy

Like Jim McArthur I shot this one the other day and it wasn't as easy as I had expected. My main problem was aquiring the correct aim point and black on black foresight and target. To illustrate, it was 45 left target and 40 right, because on the left I dropped a flyer low and left and on the right I dropped a flyer totaly off the scoring zone. The groups of four were passable on the left and good on the right. The odd thing is that even using the criteria below I would only have dropped 1 point on the left target and none on the right.

If there are no fanatical objections I will alter next months target by moving the
    10 zone to the x and shifting all the other zones inwards by one point.
    Now I'll wait for comments before I do this.
    Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Like Jim McArthur I shot this one the other day and it wasn't as easy as I had expected. My main problem was aquiring the correct aim point and black on black foresight and target. To illustrate, it was 45 left target and 40 right, because on the left I dropped a flyer low and left and on the right I dropped a flyer totaly off the scoring zone. The groups of four were passable on the left and good on the right. The odd thing is that even using the criteria below I would only have dropped 1 point on the left target and none on the right.

If there are no fanatical objections I will alter next months target by moving the
    10 zone to the x and shifting all the other zones inwards by one point.
    Now I'll wait for comments before I do this.
    Target Bunny
    are we scoring the x as a ten then, and then 10 ring?

i shot this yesterday but been waiting to find out how to calculate my scores.
    cheers
    sol
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    are we scoring the x as a ten then, and then 10 ring?

i shot this yesterday but been waiting to find out how to calculate my scores.
    cheers
    sol
    Hi Sol

The x ring is 10.1 . So if all your pellets were straight though the x ring then you score 50.5 or you had one x ring & four 10's then it is 50.1

So all it means is that we can deduce who has had the better group/score.

I think I'm right anyway Target Bunny is the man on that department.

regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK