I've already posted this on the UBC forum, but as there seems to be few visitors there I thought I'd put it here as well. Not strictly pistols but with the UBC the link is there.

Thanks

This is just an off the wall idea.

Many years ago when I raced 1/10 electric buggies the club I raced with held a restricted class of racing. Mardave were a budget brand that produced a very basic Mini carpet racer. The idea was that everyone used a standard Mardave Mini, cost around £30, no modifications were allowed and all the radio kit & batteries had to be budget. Back then a top race buggy would have cost the best part of £500+ so this was a breath of fresh air.

Still with me?

My proposal is that we run a "Chinese Rifles" comp. 6yds with open sights, 10yds with scopes. Simple Bulls Eye comp, 10 shots. These days you can buy a simple rifle and scope for less than £100 new, this would replicate the Mardave Series I remember of old. Springers only, no Co2. It would be more about skill than equipment.

I know there is an option for rifles in the Vintage section, but there are quite a few top end target rifles in there, albeit vintage now. Look at the recent scores though and you will see almost perfect rounds.

My idea is a budget comp for the masses, not expensive to get started but damn addictive.

Your comments please.

Paul

ps I'll happily run this comp.