Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: UBC "Chinese Rifles"

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    some of these rifles have terrible triggers, and may struggle even with large tenring, thanks buddy atb...mike...
    Not to mention the sights. Can we have a tenring that is half the diameter of the target please? That way if I aim at the very bottom of the bull the pellet may just sneak in at the top

To be serious for a moment though, If you choose a target Paddy, and you publish it Jim, I'll do my best to shoot it, whatever it may be. It's the least I can do, as I do sod all else for these competitions except the fun bit, and am only too glad to have such willing people to do all this organising for me.
    If we all score 100 (look out, flying pigs!!!) then clearly the target was too easy, but we won't know that 'til we've shot it, will we?
    Thanks again to all the organisers.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Hey guys,
    you've really rubbed the UkChinese forum guys up the wrong way with this!
    They think you've (Paul, you in person!) queered their pitch for a venu in Peterborough!
    I've pointed out what a loveable bunch the UBC are but they're not having it!
    It's starting to look like a scene from the end of an old Frankenstein movie,
    Yours,
    Angry Mob

and all that, I'm just waiting for the torches & chanting,
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Hey guys,
    They think you've (Paul, you in person!) queered their pitch for a venu in Peterborough!
    Yours,
    Angry Mob

Regards,
    Nick
    Stirring both bowls at once I see, maybe it's YOU who are rubbing the wrong way.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Nope,
    I was sweetness & light but was mobbed by belligerant chinks
    See how I held out for peace but was mobbed at every turn?
    ;-)
    Nick

Talking Chinese Rifles

Hey Paul
    Why not have a word with the rest of the "Management Team" and invite THEM (Chinese Rifles) to the "May Meet" as a Two for the price of one affair. I can't speak for the others but it might be fun and Webley can meet the competition.

Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Hey Paul
    Why not have a word with the rest of the "Management Team" and invite THEM (Chinese Rifles) to the "May Meet" as a Two for the price of one affair. I can't speak for the others but it might be fun and Webley can meet the competition.

Jim D
    Great idea, Jim! Also, let's get them involved with our monthly comps.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Not to mention the sights. Can we have a tenring that is half the diameter of the target please? That way if I aim at the very bottom of the bull the pellet may just sneak in at the top

To be serious for a moment though, If you choose a target Paddy, and you publish it Jim, I'll do my best to shoot it, whatever it may be. It's the least I can do, as I do sod all else for these competitions except the fun bit, and am only too glad to have such willing people to do all this organising for me.
    If we all score 100 (look out, flying pigs!!!) then clearly the target was too easy, but we won't know that 'til we've shot it, will we?
    Thanks again to all the organisers.
    Hi Jef.

Thanks for that. Much appriecated

All I aim to do with these comps is have some fun. My current thinking is the 6yd & 10m shooting comps are the most serious ones, as for these two it's merely abit of fun & a purposeful reason to use these types of airguns. Which alot of people don't

For me I really enjoy the vintage & I've shot the open class today, well just few got a few more to shoot tomorrow. Even Sinead shot her Purple plinking rifle & my Air 17 rifle, to which she beat me.

As for the target yes I can see peoples point of view, it is bigger than I anticipated, but as Jef says lets wait & see how everyone does.

Me & Jim have come up with a plan on how we are going to do the rest of this season, which will be announced on the results thread, so please just enjoy it

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    All I aim to do with these comps is have some fun. My current thinking is the 6yd & 10m shooting comps are the most serious ones, as for these two it's merely abit of fun & a purposeful reason to use these types of airguns. Which alot of people don't

..so please just enjoy it

Regards
    Paddy.
    Well, that sums it up nicely, well done Paddy

so, let's do as the man says.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Hey Paul

Jim D
    Nice idea, I'll put some feelers out and see what happens.

Everyone happy with that?

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

OK not been around for a few days, who have we upset and why is there a thread or e-mail from them Why would an on-line comp upset anyone

Look as far as i'm concerned anyone can come to a meet, as long as they pay if they want to shoot, Unless they are a Manufacture or dealer of some description. Though I don't want to introduce competition Rifle Shooting at the meet as this is not what we are about.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Hey guys,
    Yours,
    Angry Mob

Regards,
    Nick
    Wouldn't say that Nick, if you read the posts over there, there was some wondering if the 'idea' was based on their 'Oddballs' comp, no mention of 'queering pitches', no 'rubbing anybody the wrong way' (no mention of rubbing at all), can't see any 'angry mob' at all just a few folks wondering why the short ranges.
    Why not invite them to come along for your get together? If you could arrange a 'corner' for their 'Oddballs' comp, and join in, they may come and it could be a laugh
    Keep meaning to get a pistol to join in with these comps, but your targets aren't big enough - I'd need a A0 target at 6 yards!

Hey Paul

Jim D
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    Nice idea, I'll put some feelers out and see what happens.

Everyone happy with that?

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    OK not been around for a few days, who have we upset and why is there a thread or e-mail from them Why would an on-line comp upset anyone

Look as far as i'm concerned anyone can come to a meet, as long as they pay if they want to shoot, Unless they are a Manufacture or dealer of some description. Though I don't want to introduce competition Rifle Shooting at the meet as this is not what we are about.

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Wouldn't say that Nick, if you read the posts over there, there was some wondering if the 'idea' was based on their 'Oddballs' comp, no mention of 'queering pitches', no 'rubbing anybody the wrong way' (no mention of rubbing at all), can't see any 'angry mob' at all just a few folks wondering why the short ranges.
    Why not invite them to come along for your get together? If you could arrange a 'corner' for their 'Oddballs' comp, and join in, they may come and it could be a laugh
    Keep meaning to get a pistol to join in with these comps, but your targets aren't big enough - I'd need a A0 target at 6 yards!
    Whay the heck is going on? Is the a group called the UKchinese forum? I thought Jim D meant invite SMK to the next meet in the same way that Webley came to the last one. I've not been approached by anyone except people from the UBC.

I suggested this because I wanted to have some fun with a rifle. I'll never hunt, never do FT or HFT. All I wanted was a bit of fun. I've invested in 2 new SYNXS .22 rifles and a scope to take part. Not a lot of money, cost me around £160 but I loved shooting the first comp.

I'll not approach anyone about this as I seem to being held up as the scapegoat, unfairly in my opinion..

I hope the Open Rifle comp continues, but I guess I'll have to wait & see.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Hi Chaps,
    I'm new on the UK chineese forum but have been around here for a while.

to be honest I think it was just a genuine misunderstanding and the general feeling from most people over there is anything that gives an excuse for some shooting is a good thing!

I didn't know about the UBC site until this sort of blew up out of nowhere and as a result of checking your site out and discovering the 6m bullseye I feel the need to buy a printer so I can print out your targets and get myself joined in. might have to buy a pistol... and a rifle... etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey1234 View Post
    Hi Chaps,
    I'm new on the UK chineese forum but have been around here for a while.

to be honest I think it was just a genuine misunderstanding and the general feeling from most people over there is anything that gives an excuse for some shooting is a good thing!

I didn't know about the UBC site until this sort of blew up out of nowhere and as a result of checking your site out and discovering the 6m bullseye I feel the need to buy a printer so I can print out your targets and get myself joined in. might have to buy a pistol... and a rifle... etc etc

Hi Whitey, if you visit the UBC forum you'll be able to register there with us. It's a great place to be.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Cheers Paul,

sounds like a plan