Thread: Wanted info on Air Arms CA100

Wanted info on Air Arms CA100

Hi all
    Not sure which section to put this in, so I put it in the wanted section, link here http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411977

Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong section not sure which?
    I have an Air Arms CA100 (Target version of the R10 I think) which is leaking to empty from full, over a period of ten days or so, the cylinder is not leaking as when removed from the rifle it holds pressure for weeks. Regulator replaced by Air Arms two years back, no work since. Is there anyone who has any ideas, anyone out there that who works on these rifles? ( other than Air Arms), any drawings available?
    any help appreciate
    Thanks Jim
    Hi Jim,

The CA100 10m rifle was a short run spin-off of the RN10 which was built by Air Arms but badged for RWS.

I take it this one is still operating as a detachable cylinder model?

If so I would check the o-ring that seals over the nipple on the that the cylinder screws on to - I have had them leak from here in the past and it was a right sod to sort.

Try dribbling a bit of thin oil around the joint when the cylinder is screwed on to see if any bubbles show. Also check for bubbles from the regulator bleed hole (if the Mk3 pattern), the reg to action joint, and the transfer port in the barrel.

You have pm as well.

Dale