Thread: bsa vs 2000???

An over Vacuumed cottage in NEWPORT Isle of Wight

bsa vs 2000???

never heard of one before?

thats a new one on me.

The rotary loading magazine rifle, first of it's type to be made in the UK. also vs2000 custom with the walnut stock.

Think there were only a couple made i have only ever seen one / UGLY AS /probably worth a few bob if you have one

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Think there were only a couple made i have only ever seen one / UGLY AS /probably worth a few bob if you have one
    Yeah, the conical loading port stuck on the end of the barrel didn't make it the best looking rifle, especially when advertised in the same brochure as Airsporter Stutzens and Mercury Challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Yeah, the conical loading port stuck on the end of the barrel didn't make it the best looking rifle, especially when advertised in the same brochure as Airsporter Stutzens and Mercury Challengers.
    I've got that brochure somewhere, seem to remember John Knibbs had a VS2000 for sale at some astronomical price.
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I've got that brochure somewhere, seem to remember John Knibbs had a VS2000 for sale at some astronomical price.
    It was 4K or something! I think there were only twelve made, heavy, ugly sidelevers. BSA marketted the GoldStar and SuperStar instead, simpler I think. The underlever BSA SuperStar was probably the best properly modern springer BSA made.

Here's a vintage thread from the collectors' corner on the VS2000

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...ghlight=VS2000

Mistake was naming it after a defunct video cassette format...
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 11-11-2009 at 08:10 PM.

There is a chap on this forum who used to own one. VS2000 was beautifully made but very clumsy to use. Apparently, you need at least three arms to use it effectively. It may have appealed to Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I worked at BSA when the prototypes were made, I shot it a lot in the day.
    Quality was a mile above anything else they made. I always regret that they never went with it, I loved it. granted it took a while to get used to regarding handling but its balance was superb. I wish I had blagged one when I had the chance.

I know of a local gunshop owner ( ) who was offered one of the pre production VS2000 for the r.r.p. and refused it saying "No thanks. I will wait for the production versions to come through."
    How I love reminding Lloyd about that.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk