Thread: Hi new guy needing advice please

Hi new guy needing advice please

Ok i loved shooting springers as a kid, then last year i purchased a AA 410 TDR .22 which i fell in love with (i think it was the james bond bit coming back out in me from a kid).
    Anyway we did not have that long together about 5 months (lost my job so it had to be sold) but i knew i was hooked again and loved pcp guns.

Now getting to the advice i would like to take up target shooting im left handed looking for second hand kit with a £1000 all in so looking for advice on rifles and scopes ect please.

Also i live in croydon surrey can anyone recomend a range or club's i can contact with regards to joining.

Dave

And thank you to anyone that takes the time to help me

[QUOTE=

Also i live in croydon surrey can anyone recomend a range or club's i can contact with regards to joining.

[/QUOTE]

You have

croydon rifle and pistol club

addiscombe

this Website has a link to Smallbore Clubs affiliated to the Surrey Small Bore Rifle Association, some of which have airgun sections, mostly match weapons, but a few do cater for FT, Bookham for one. There might be others as well ?

http://www.surreysbra.org/

HTH, Vic T

Re-addiscombe rifle club

hi thanks for the info will try to find out if the addiscombe one is still open as i have tried the links to the web site and they no longer work. as this is 5 mins from me and goes right out to 100 yds

dave

what disciplines are you thinking of competing in?
    There are a number of clubs in the area, Gally Hill in Banstead, there is one in Sutton etc. all depends what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Milligan100 View Post
    what disciplines are you thinking of competing in?
    There are a number of clubs in the area, Gally Hill in Banstead, there is one in Sutton etc. all depends what you want to do.
    Yep, if you're thinking about FT then it will probably affect your choice of scope at least over something like it's sister discipline, HFT

I don't know your 'very local' clubs but I find the trip to Bisley well worth while to shoot at BFTO. Large membership and some excellent and helpful shooters there. It is also open every day.
    Also welcome aboard to another left hander.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

The links for the Addiscombe Rifle club don't seem to work for me either, does anyone have any other contact details ?