Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone make their own Lube or grease?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    Merry Xmas Mehul.

I just use Alox, the joy of 777
    Hey Smokeless !

I have just discovered the joy of Bullseye & liq Alox in a Ruger Old Army nitro conversion !!!! BRILLIANT !!!!!

Mind you I still shoot the BP - once you have drifted to the dark side - you can never get back ......

Cheers

Roy

Last edited by harricook; 22-12-2009 at 10:29 AM.

I hold all my guns purely for target shooting, it says so on my FAC, not for historical accuracy. The purists shun 777 but its a much cleaner life using if.

Alox dries eventually and leaves a varnish like coating, thats all the lube it needs.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    I hold all my guns purely for target shooting, it says so on my FAC, not for historical accuracy. The purists shun 777 but its a much cleaner life using if.

Alox dries eventually and leaves a varnish like coating, thats all the lube it needs.
    I'd only ever used BP prior to this - for the cost & smoke value !!!

But I must admit - the cleanliness & ease of use - makes this a whole lot more attractive !

Cheers

Roy

Smokeless Coal,

Apologies for the late reply but I hope that you had a Merry and Blessed Christmas. Hope 2010 brings you strength in your fight for gun rights, my friend!

Jim,

I live in Des Plaines, which is rebel territory of a sort. We still need a FOID Card because of the State of Ill-Annoy laws, but don't have any restrictions at all on what we can and cannot own. If you visit Chicagoland anytime, just give me a shout. Be happy to buy you some beers and go shooting if the weather's fine. There's some nice ranges in Elmhurst, Aurora, Naperville and Bensenville, all not too far from my place.

We still need FOIDs for MLs but since they are not on Form 4473s, you can take them home the same day. No waiting period and no other hassles.

Do wish the Chicago guys the best - they have brought the Daley administration to the Supreme COurt and the city's laws may soon go the way fo Washington DC's if all goes well and St Obama's handpicked judges don't play spoilsport.

Good hunting and a Very happy new Year to you!
    The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

50/50 Beeswax and vaseline. For both bp cartridge and .577 /minie.