Thread: Lead & Tin suppliers

Lead & Tin suppliers

Gents,

Anyone have good contacts for the supply of commecially pure lead and tin please?

Cheers Terry

I buy my tin from these people. Cheaper if buying in bulk.
    http://www.carnmetl.demon.co.uk/

ATB,
    Krish

Lead & Tin Supplies

I always buy lead (flashing) from local builders merchants, near as you will get to pure. Different size rolls.

Im with Krish on this one. Normally buy lead from a plumbers merchant. Ask for merchant prices and go for the off cuts-they normally cant get rid of these and so your doing them a favour! Merchant prices are about 50% retail. Tin I get from carn metals

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by thibben View Post
    Gents,

Anyone have good contacts for the supply of commecially pure lead and tin please?

Cheers Terry
    Terry,

I am down in north Devon next week, so if you're interested in the 6+ stone of lead blocks I have in my garage, just make me a reasonable offer based on current prices. These lead blocks are good quality lead, having been used as shielding from radiation, before they were cleared as uncontaminated, they need to be.

I will be staying in Shebbear, EX21.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    I always get lead roofing rolls from the local builders reclamation yard, cheap enough for me.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)