Thread: Hw80

Hw80

Hi,

About 22 years ago my parents bought me a HW80 at .22 as a present (I must have been 16 or 17).

It shot a fair few pellets and I changed to an "Ox" spring (I think, it was a long time ago). Since then I discovered the wonderful world of women and got married. Now my son is 10 I've found the old rifle and have showed him how its shot.

The bloody thing still groups as tight as a 50P at 35 yards! Amazing. Having said that, the pneumatics look like a better bet to me these days. My main hobby is diving so compressed gas isn't much of an issue

Is there anything like a market for these older Weihrachs? I'm fancying a HW100 / Daystate 4 as I ease myself back into the hobby; I'd be tempted to PX the old gun if it's likely to have a value, otherwise I'll just keep it for the lad.

Any advice appreciated.

Martin

Keep it i'm sure you'd regret it if you got rid, and it's always nice to have a springer for a change from the PCP.

keep it for now

when i got back into airguns / about 2000 ish i sold all my old springers
    TX 200 SR / THEOBEN COUNTRYMAN /AIRSPORTER S /CUSTOM 77
    as they had been hanging about for ages ( when i tried to PX my SR i was told that nobody wants these anymore )
    you can always sell it later if you like but sometimes these new fangled things are not all that they seem

thats only my opinion i may be right i may be wrong ( BOB DYLAN )

imo, prob one of the best break barrel springers ever,,,,KEEP IT
    give it a service and re lube,, get rid of that ox spring, (which by the way prob takes it well over 12 ft lbs)
    if funds allow get it tuned by someone like v-mach, if you fancy doing it yourself there are plenty of people on here to advise the best way
    then enjoy
    atb
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiwolves View Post
    imo, prob one of the best break barrel springers ever,,,,KEEP IT
    give it a service and re lube,, get rid of that ox spring, (which by the way prob takes it well over 12 ft lbs)
    if funds allow get it tuned by someone like v-mach, if you fancy doing it yourself there are plenty of people on here to advise the best way
    then enjoy
    atb
    paul
    Thanks. Do you have contact details for v-mach? I wouldn't feel confident about doing it myself.

Thanks

Martin

hi martin,
    v-mach are at v-mach@air-rifle-tuning.com or tel o7850 296360
    website is http://www.air-rifle-tuning.com/
    atb
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Been there, did this

Hi Martin,

You are where I was at this time last year, I decided go the whole hog on my trusty (rusty) 80 and if you follow the link below you will see the result.

Just a few points though, although I love her, she’s NOT the gun I grew up with.
    Take some photos of the before and after.
    DON’T sell her, there are a lot of people on here that have sold long term guns and will do almost anything to get them back…aren’t there IJ

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376060

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiwolves View Post
    hi martin,
    v-mach are at v-mach@air-rifle-tuning.com or tel o7850 296360
    website is http://www.air-rifle-tuning.com/
    atb
    paul
    Thanks