Thread: FWB Sport Trigger

FWB Sport Trigger

Hi Guys,
    I have a reasonably nice FWB 127. I really love the balance of this rifle but I am always left with the feeling that I could shoot it much better. The root cause of my problems is the trigger. I also own an old HW35 and a Rapid Mk1. The trigger unit of the HW is superb and always has been. The Rapid Mk1 has the borrowed Gamo unit in it, which is often critisized for being 'creepy' but I'v'e always found it to be quite predictable & crisp. Maybe I have a particularly good example. However, if folks think that the gamo unit is creepy, I am at a loss as to how they'd describe the unit on the FWB. These units have always been described as single stage triggers, adjustable for sear engagement only. The big trouble is that there is quite a long pull before the release, with absolutely no feed-back as to when the release is about to happen. Ok, what a load of waffle. Here's the real question; Is there any way of giving the trigger some sort of notchy feel or increased pressure just before release? I have found that if I wind the sear engagement screw all the way in, there is a small notch in the pull but unfortunately it will give this feeling for a couple of shots and then, for the next couple, it's gone again.
    Any help & advice will be very gratefully received.

Thanks,
    Andy.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Airmasters or Maccari ...

Dave Welham at Airmasters used to make a two-stage trigger way back when the FWB Sport was the top Field Target rifle. I am not sure if he is still in the business of making them up, but maybe give Airmasters a call.

Airmasters 88
    Marchmont Farm
    Link Road
    Hemel Hempstead
    Hertfordshire HP2 6JH

Telephone: 01442 266831

Fax: 01442 266831

The other thing you can do is order a Stainless Steel precision made trigger from Jim Maccari in the US. These are expensive but the claim on his website is very encouraging, he is an honest fellow so give it a try.

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...83/6701607.htm

Another vote for the Maccari trigger here. I have one on my Mk1 127 and it's superb. JM seems to have machined it in such a way as to eliminate the 'sponginess' of the original trigger and replace it with a crisp, precise let off. As said, it's not cheap but it's effective.

Discussion on this very subject on the Yellow forum HERE.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks guys,
    There does seem to be a general consensus that the Maccari trigger transforms the beast. I was rather hoping that someone would know a great fix with a swiss file or a different spring but that's just because I'm tight . $60 does sound a lot for a trigger, especially as that will be nearly £60 by the time I've paid for postage and whatever the revenue man sticks on top for importing it . I'll have a think about just how much I'm going to use this rifle before I shell out.

Thanks again,
    Andy.

The Maccari is definitely worth the money.

The FWB design is a true two stage trigger, just an odd design.

I had an Airmasters FWB124 FTS with the trigger conversion. It felt OK, but the conversion consisted of adding a small stop screw to make it a single stage trigger with the first stage just being spring pressure rather than altering the engagements.