Thread: Police Pistol: new scoring scheme

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Police Pistol: new scoring scheme

When we start the new Police Pistol season on 28 November, we're going to include a slight variation in the seasonal scoring method.

Last season, Jan and I were the No. 2 and No. 1 Open Sight scorers, respectively. Now, I KNOW that the two of us are NOT the two best Police shooters competing. Sez I to my good wife Jan, "We won for a simple reason: we were the ONLY two who shot all 6 rounds of the season."

So for this new season - staring on the 28th - the lowest score of each competitor will be dropped. This will even things out for those who, for whatever reason, didn't shoot one of the rounds.

In other words, your total Leader Board score at Season's end will be your best 5 (of a possible 6) scores.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    When we start the new Police Pistol season on 28 November, we're going to include a slight variation in the seasonal scoring method.

Last season, Jan and I were the No. 2 and No. 1 Open Sight scorers, respectively. Now, I KNOW that the two of us are NOT the two best Police shooters competing. Sez I to my good wife Jan, "We won for a simple reason: we were the ONLY two who shot all 6 rounds of the season."

So for this new season - staring on the 28th - the lowest score of each competitor will be dropped. This will even things out for those who, for whatever reason, didn't shoot one of the rounds.

In other words, your total Leader Board score at Season's end will be your best 5 (of a possible 6) scores.

Jim

Good call there Jim.

I'm going to do that on the 6yd comp & I think Mike is doing the same for the 10m.

good luck to all who enters for the next season.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    It's a good and fair system, I think: doesn't penalize the regular participant who was too sick / busy / away / just plain forgot, to shoot one shoot, or who just had a particular bad day for one of them.

While at the same time, it requires (and rewards) those who persist for each round.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    When we start the new Police Pistol season on 28 November,
    Jim
    You sure about that date Jim

Excellent idea. If the weather is kind enough (I have to shoot outside until I can get my loft range past the planning committee ('er indoors)) I am tempted to have a go, I think I have worked out how it works it's a bit more complex than shooting at a bulls eye, whatever it's size.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Good call Jim

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Thumbs up Comps

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Good call there Jim.

I'm going to do that on the 6yd comp & I think Mike is doing the same for the 10m.

good luck to all who enters for the next season.
    Sounds very good,& very fair...mike...