Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Quality' CO2 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    But the OP asked for near legal limit power, not nowhere near legal limit power
    Nick
    He did ask for "quality" though.

Saying an EB22 trigger is "quality" is also departing from the OP's question.

Actually...

http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    He did ask for "quality" though.

Saying an EB22 trigger is "quality" is also departing from the OP's question.

Actually...

There isn't a current production near legal limit power, all-round quality CO2 pistol, you will compromise somewhere.
    There are off the shelf trigger kits for the EB, is there perchance an off the shelf power upgrade for the Rohm you advocate?
    I was suggesting a route which could lead to the desired result, no excuses here
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    There isn't a current production near legal limit power, all-round quality CO2 pistol, you will compromise somewhere.
    There are off the shelf trigger kits for the EB, is there perchance an off the shelf power upgrade for the Rohm you advocate?
    I was suggesting a route which could lead to the desired result, no excuses here
    Nick
    I think that is where I was coming from. Only trying to be helpful.

My Rohm is about 3.5ftlb. If the enquirer has to compromise somewhere - as you say, maybe he will choose quality over power. All I was doing was adding information, thereby allowing him to make an informed decision.

No excuses here either.

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    A Crooked Barn 2240, with all the goodies is probably as close as you'll get off the shelf.
    I'm building my own slowly using some ratty bits
    Alloy breech, adjustable 2 stage trigger, 7" barrel and some home made anatomical grips, and then I'll do a .177 version too

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The crosman 2240 has to be the cheapest & most fun route to go...it's just the quality bit that will have to come from the new owner in stages rather than the manufacturer....

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The crosman 2240 has to be the cheapest & most fun route to go...it's just the quality bit that will have to come from the new owner in stages rather than the manufacturer....
    Unless you get one from the States from Crosman's custom shop. Not the easiest way to buy a psitol but you get to choose what bits Crosman build it from and they list some tasty extras.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Crosman 150 or Mk1 both .22 Quality pistols.
    Ray...

I'd go for the 2240, myself too.

Nice and punchy, pretty accurate straight out of the box BUT the mods are the best bit!

Nothing is more enjoyable than creating your own, unique pistol, I reckon.

A BRNO Tau 7 would fit the bill. power adjustable from 400 to 600 fps with 7.9gr pellets very accurate as you`d need from a match pistol. Used for both 10m and 25m comps cheers Paul