Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gareth W-B Off Line With Comp Probs.

PC World !

[expletive deleted]

He wont be on by next Tuesday then

Quick Chaps!

Hide!

Gareth's new keyboard.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

...& this for I. J.'s entire posting history

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b.../bstbutton.jpg

(it puts an indelible watermark through the lot ).
    Last edited by Ian Johnstone; 26-11-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Not sure what the watermark actually says...

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Quick Chaps!

Hide!
    WHERE ?

I got banned off another airgun forum () for calling a mod - 'a horse'. This could be a hanging by the tripe sentence.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 26-11-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I'm a bit stuck with this as normally I would suggest that members hide in here.

Maybe lie low in Wanted/swaps for a while?

If we see someone posting tripe we'll know its you.

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post

If we see someone posting tripe we'll know its you.
    I've found, from personal experience, the stamps don't stick.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    If there is, it is about to be beaten -- . Just been down to PC World in the hope that I'd be able to pick my computer up all fixed, virus free, and ready to go, but the tech-spec guy said he was unable to sort it in the allocated time, so had re-booked it for next Monday afternoon.

So the very earliest I'll be back up and running at full strength will be Tuesday evening (am using the wife's work lap top again for this quick visit) ...
    Isn't GARETH UB40 due back yet.

ATB
    Ian

edbear2 Guest
    He's probably being given CPR as we speak, after breathing in large amounts of apple juice whilst snorting with rage as he made his way through all the posts!

Offline still.....or is he?

Careful chaps (chapess's too of course!) Is it not possible he's been back a while and is silently watching and taking notes?!

Quote Originally Posted by CHJF177 View Post
    Careful chaps (chapess's too of course!) Is it not possible he's been back a while and is silently watching and taking notes?!
    No he can't be back, there is a Omega valuation thread with no post by Gareth exhorting the virtues of "IMHO probably the best modern british rifle"

Seriously though the only way to avoid the zap is to join the 'Omega' club. I've never managed to get one, anyone got a Walnut stocked one for sale?

ATB Rob
    BSA & Webley

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post

PC World !

[expletive deleted]

He wont be on by next Tuesday then
    How very true, as I have found . Beyond a joke now as is two weeks today since my PC went Pete Tong, and I am at my wits end, as this is only the second five min segway I have been able to log-on line since the 20th (am again using the wifes's work lap top for this up-date, which will again be frowned on by her employer).

This computer virus has proved particularly potent, and despite having Norton, has done loads of damage. Looks like all the photos of my kids have been found and saved however, but all else, inc. all my work stuff etc, is gone. The tech spec guys @ PC World can't get past the corrupted built-in start up progs to re-boot though, so think that is that.

Get paid in a week however, so will go shopping for a new computer then, as should be able to afford one, as have saved a fortune being off the BBS, as this is the longest period I have gone without buying something off here since November 2004 .

Hope to be properly back up and running by the end of next week then, but just in case I'm gone until the new year, hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. Oh, and if any creators of computer viruses are reading this, to you I wish the opposite, and pray you die, in total agony, with a red hot barbed poker up yer ar$e ... Laters chaps: Gareth.

and then there where noneand he didnt even say what virus it was or where he got it from all the best gareth,,wait for the sales youll get a new computer cheaper,,,,,then you can buy that webley o my god sorry omega thats up for grabs

Exclamation

Gents, if anyone has Gareth's phone number can they please pm me, I would like you to pass a message on to him.

I can count to potato.

This computer virus has proved particularly potent, and despite having Norton, has done loads of damage. Looks like all the photos of my kids have been found and saved however, but all else, inc. all my work stuff etc, is gone. The tech spec guys @ PC World can't get past the corrupted built-in start up progs to re-boot though, so think that is that.
    When you get your new computer take out the old hard drive and either put it in the PC as a slave drive or in one of those external caddies. You'll then be able to read ALL the data off it.

Whatever you do don't let the chimps@pc world reformat the thing.

As long as you don't run any exe file off the drive then you should be safe from 'the virus', if there was one in the first place.

Well it was good to see Gareth sign in for a brief moment tonight.

There was me thinking he'd pissed of with the BBS petty cash

Come back Gareth, all is forgiven.

Good luck, Phil