Thread: Omega valuation please.......

Omega valuation please.......

.......Hello wise ones,

I know I may regret this but I am seriously considering selling my Omega. Before I make a final decision I need to know if my own valuation would be accurate. Please, no offers to buy by PM, e-mail or on the thread for now thanks....

R/handed .22", barrel professionally shortened at some point with a nifty muzzle weight added. Stock has a few small dings but no cracks or lifting lacquer. Bluing on cylinder looks good, there is a mark on the barrel (?from a wedding ring when cocking?), muzzle weight needs a re-blue. Shoots accurately with a modicum of twang. No open sights.

If I sell I will also be selling a full length .177" barrel/breech/coking lever whihc I acquired for it (no sights or bluing to speak of).

I had intended to refinishing the stock and tune the internals after matching the .177 barrel to the dimensions of the .22 barrel and getting it all reblued. In which case I would have a minty Omega custom carbine with a choice of calibres. Just no time to do it at the minute and have been meaning to do it for some time now

So what is it worth as a package in its current state??

Thanks Rich.
    PS I bet GW-B is first to respond if his computer is fixed.
    Last edited by averageplinker; 29-11-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Typo
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Blimey 66 views.

..and no opinions offered Do I smell or summat

Would it be easier to value the rifle and spare barrel separately??

ATB Rich.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Hmm... its been chopped and its got a few dings and things... so that will put off alot of purist Collectors.... but it has got a spare-but-needs-work .177 barrel ... no open sights? and would make an interesting project for a Shooter/Collector... so maybe 140-150? ish? ASK GARETH!

Personally, I think you should send the barrel off to Colin at Manchester Air Guns for a re-blue along with the barrel weight, and you should set-to tuning the insides properly. Refinish the stock and Bob's your 'the best Webley ever made'. Otherwise you will let it go for less than it is really worth and suffer a lifetime of regrets.

It's the winter, it is your WINTER PROJECT RIFLE!

Time taken ...

1. Posting barrel etc to Colin. Say 20min wrapping, 20 min at the post office... stop off for a can of Tizer.. call it an hour.

2. Strip rifle and degrease. Including cups of tea - one hour.

3. De-burr, respring rewasher, relube, Dri-Slide, grease, clean barrel, grease joints, la la la, put back together... three hours max.

4. Strip stock, sand, stain, oil, polish, oil, polish, oil, polish, oil, polish, oil, polish, oil, polish, oil, polish, wax, polish, wax, polish. A two hours' a night for a week - but can be done in front of the telly.

So that is four hours of engineering work, one hour of post and packing, and a week of evenings in front of the telly.

Surely you can find five hours and a few evenings before Spring comes a-knocking for the Springer?
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 23-11-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks for the reply......

..Hsing-ee, it is a shame I am thinking of selling but I doubt if I will get a chance this winter
    Hopefully Gareth will get a computer back and throw in his tuppence worth soon.
    Cheers Rich.

Bumping in case GWB is back......

......and has missed this Omega thread
    ATB Rich.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    ......and has missed this Omega thread
    ATB Rich.
    OOOOHHH...that's cold

Went down this route earlier. Well worth the effort to revive a classic.
    Still don't know what value this now sits at. But they are a nice bit of kit!

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...ighlight=omega

There used to be an Omega fan on here going by the name of 'Gareth UB40' or summat. Now HE could have given you a good valuation of this rifle.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 30-11-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk