Thread: Fox Firearms 10-40x50 SF

Fox Firearms 10-40x50 SF

A few of us popped over to the BASC shindig on Friday and walked straight on the Fox Firearms stall (which saved us a trip to Madchester) - Me & my buddy both got a 10-40x50 SF - we went out on saturday to zero mine as Neil couldn't get any mounts sorted.....anyway first impressions - it's a decent build quality for the price (£105) it has a German 4a reticle with a red illuminated dot in the middle.

It's a bit stiff on the side focus but it's new so should loosen a little with use.

The BDC turrets have a positive click to them.

On the subject of side focus the readings on the wheel matched the shooting distance almost to the meter - which was good.

I could see very fine detail on various quarry at 250+ yards (pigeons, crows, rabbits etc)

It has BDC turrets on windage & elevation which you loosen a screw when zeroed to reset to zero

It has a 30mm tube, 11 illumination settings for the dot and a fast focus eyepiece.

Took a few more shots that I'd have liked to zero but that was me not the scope or the rifle and ended up putting several bull shots through a target at 100 yards

The red dot is amazing for quick target acquisition and the thick german 4a posts frame the quarry perfectly during the day or under the lamp.

All in all a good scope for the money - I'm happy

Well, been out in the field with it a couple of times and it works well, my mate was zeroing his one last weekend and after he finished I spotted 2 Hares which were about 325 yards away - twisted the zoom to x40 had a peek - very clear and two shots later there was only one left

Question fox scope

just bought one of these, how the heck do you lock the turrets down !!! the instructions are gobble-dee -gook
    shaun

Shaun,

I don't think they do lock down?

ATB

John

Quote Originally Posted by rec-baller View Post
    just bought one of these, how the heck do you lock the turrets down !!! the instructions are gobble-dee -gook
    shaun
    as said they don't lock down if they do happen to move just a couple of clicks and it's back to zero ( I'm assuming you have sussed out that once zerod the turrets can be slackened off and reset to zero)