Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How hard should a course be

How hard should a course be

How does this course compare to your course in range and difficulty of the targets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH-zt_wSKi8

thanks for any help

I only watched about two minutes. I shoot mostly HFT as I don't like targets being all in full view from a sitting position as in other disciplines and find it boring.

IMO I like courses to be ultra hard with foliage and obstacles in the way and targets placed so you have to consult the HFT karma Sutra book of positions to get a shot off!
    I think at least half the targets should make you think, not only what their range is but how obstacles affect the path of the pellet with or without wind.

The trouble is is that all ages and sizes have to be catered for and left hookers as well.

Steve.

Wouldn't like to shoot that on a windy day but looks very boring!
    |TX200 Club - Brighton HFT|
    Can you afford to guess if she's pregnant or not? Well now you can with the all new service revolver! Just 2 easy steps and your sorted. Point to your head then pull the trigger!

I must admit i have been slammed on this site for some of the courses i have set but when these same people shoot elswhere they find the courses easier and thier scores go up so i guess if none affiliated clubs put out difficult hft courses then we are doing some good, having said some people complain more appreciate what you are trying to do for them, so i say make courses hard because on the day its the same for everyone
    [B] Yipee ki yay

The UK's had it pretty much spot on this year (Apart from one notable exception, nice carpark though) What I do hate is turning up to a shoot to find twigs/branches bouncing across the killzone or indeed the target totally obscured, that target is then a test of luck rather than skill and its not worth me driving 3 or 4 hrs to rely on luck
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    What I do hate is turning up to a shoot to find twigs/branches bouncing across the killzone or indeed the target totally obscured, that target is then a test of luck rather than skill and its not worth me driving 3 or 4 hrs to rely on luck
    Exactly, it should be a test of skill and not luck!!
    He who never made a mistake never learned anything!
    He who never missed never shot!

Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    I must admit i have been slammed on this site for some of the courses i have set but when these same people shoot elswhere they find the courses easier and thier scores go up so i guess if none affiliated clubs put out difficult hft courses then we are doing some good, having said some people complain more appreciate what you are trying to do for them, so i say make courses hard because on the day its the same for everyone
    I agree with you whole-heartedly Steve. I for one do enjoy shooting your courses at Kibworth, and using terrain and foliage to stretch the imagination is what makes it interesting. If all the targets were in full view with billiard table "fairways" leading to them from the peg, surely this would make the sport very boring.

You set a great course again today, not easy by any stretch of the imagination, eep it up & thanks for your efforts mate.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    I hearitly agree with 'rattycatcher'. Superb course today.
    I see nothing wrong with club shoots being hard. It is only for a series of shoots eg. national series where a standard must be adhered to to make it a 'level playing field' for all no matter how many series rounds they shoot.

Cheers, Phil

I must admit I quite like the course`s that kibworth and shepworth put on,very challenging and thought provoking much better than just trophy hunting like some people(usualy the people who can`t shoot vey well anyway and moan when they miss)harder the better but you have to cater for all

Quote Originally Posted by dodge2monty View Post
    I must admit I quite like the course`s that kibworth and shepworth put on,very challenging and thought provoking much better than just trophy hunting like some people(usualy the people who can`t shoot vey well anyway and moan when they miss)harder the better but you have to cater for all
    Hey thanks and you do know at Kibworth we cater for all, those that cant shoot we have a cafe
    [B] Yipee ki yay

I think you have a pretty testing place to shoot there!
    You can move the targets around there i assume?

ideal for practising Ft i would have thought!

As for twigs and crap in the way on a course...I am all for it, as long as there IS a way through, using your ingenuity.

Great fun...hate Sterile conditions!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    So all the whingeing people (the vocal minority) can have a good moan and brighten my day. If nobody moans then I feel I have failed.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Cue .....
    Wailing & gnashing of teeth .......
    for tomorrow then.

arf!

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    So all the whingeing people (the vocal minority) can have a good moan and brighten my day. If nobody moans then I feel I have failed.

Monkey
    It goes against the grain a Tad'....but i agree!!

rock on tomoz!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Did you see that course aunty? .... looks like your gaff on a balmy summers day.
    I see the big fella's gone soft as well, since he took up with that UKAHFT flock.

'kinnard? .... I reckon they're spoiled.

arf!