Many years ago when I first started collecting Webley Air Pistols, I tried to buy boxed items only, although if something good was offered unboxed I would often buy it, particularly if it meant I got other more desirable items as part of a collection being sold.
I've tried to stick to boxed items for the other Weihrauch & Walther air pistols I've collected as well.
I bought a few empty boxes along the way, but not for the amazing prices they are currently fetching on that auction site. Some of these boxes have since been filled with their respective contents, but I still have some early Hurricane boxes, plus a few of the later Hurricane & Tempest boxes that I managed to get from Webley before they went bust.
I have a few others, including a couple of the first pattern Mk.1 Wood Grip boxes that were produced for the spring clip version with the correct wording in the lid.
I wonder what they would fetch on Eb@y, after a relatively common Junior box fetched over £100, as these particular Mk.1 boxes must be one of the rarest.
The majority of my Air Rifle collection is unboxed, as most buyers don't tend to keep such large and bulky items, but I have managed to buy a fair few complete with boxes.