Thread: poorly wood grip junior

poorly wood grip junior

Can ayone give me an idea what my wood grip junior is worth.poor thing has a chip in the vulnerable place,rear sight leaf is missing(screws there tho)and wrong barrel.Apart from that she is an almost pristine example

...any suggestions? worth repairing?

These usually go for between £60-£70, but with the rear sight missing maybe £50? I've not seen one with wood grips before though. I'd be happy to pay £50 if I saw it up for sale

I had a wood grip junior with the same kind of damage to the breech. I had a friend of a friend drop some weld in and I tidied it up very carefully with a dremel grinding wheel and a needle file. It was well worth doing and ended up being a neat almost invisible repair. Ask Edbear2 what the best way to weld it would be. The rearsight is no big deal, it would be easy to make a replacement, but finding a proper barrel would mean finding a scrap prewar junior. As to value, the woodgrip versions are pretty scarce but as a project I would have thought yours would be worth £80ish.

I know Gareth is offline at the mo...but be careful : http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372921

Hi Sluggy,

It would be worth trying to obtain the correct prewar barrel by picking up a "tin" gripped Junior in similar condition and changing barrels as the wood grips are considered fairly rare. Rearsight could be a problem unless you know someone that could make one up for you. As for current value - got to be £80 plus.

A nice model.

Regards,
    John

Number one rule with a rare gun, and this one is so I will express my interest publicly re trying to sell from a valuation thread, is do NOT touch it.

Let the buyer decide what 'repairs' he feels are needed to add it to his (or her) collection.

This Junior was only made for a little while (adjustable sight) so is rare, if undamaged I would say £150 ish (good nick more), as it is it will depend on what a collector will pay to get such an example to add to his set.

If you decide to sell I am very interested but please do not try to improve it before selling.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Additional thought, why is the barrel the wrong one?
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .