Thread: 2022 Summer- Autumn MPL Competition Rules.

2022 Summer- Autumn MPL Competition Rules.

2022 June - December MPL Competition Rules.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am a little late getting the next seasons MPL competition underway, but the number of rounds will stay the same.

Most of us shoot our competition targets whenever we find it convenient (or choose to do so), but please continue to mark them up "per month" as always starting with your first 6 targets being dated "June 2023"

Many thanks for your understanding at this difficult time.

The Muscle Power League Rules have not changed much ever since we started - but we do have a small number of additions, and repeating these rules at the start of each new MPL season is something we have always been asked to do - so here they are again!

There will be no major changes to the previous rules BUT we no longer supply the targets and we have REDUCED the entry fee from £10 to £5 as most previous entrants already had targets or preferred to buy their own.

We will continue to run a competition for .177 MPL air pistol and another for .177 MPL air rifle. MPL airguns are those that need "Muscle Power" (ie effort) to cock them and include spring powered and single stroke pneumatic airguns.

We are also adding some competitions for .177 PCP powered airguns. CO2 powered airguns can also be entered in the PCP competitions as both use compressed gas and shoot in a similar manner.

ALL 2022 MPL Competitions are to be shot with OPEN SIGHTS or DIOPTER SIGHTS (on rifles) ONLY

2022 MPL POSTAL COMPETITION DETAILS and RULES

The 6 yard MPL Air Pistol Competition is for .177 spring powered air pistols and is to be shot STANDING and SINGLE HANDED.

The 6 yard OPEN Air Pistol Competition is for any type of legal .177 air pistols and is to be shot STANDING and SINGLE HANDED.

The 6 yard MPL Air Rifle Competition is for .177 spring powered air rifles and is to be shot UNSUPPORTED and in the STANDING POSITION.

The 10 metre OPEN Air Pistol Competition is for .177 air pistol and is to be shot STANDING and SINGLE HANDED.

The 10 metre OPEN Air Rifle Competitions is for .177 air rifle and is to be shot UNSUPPORTED and in the STANDING POSITION.

The following Supported Competition is to be shot to the existing ISSF rules. https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile...._-_Edition.pdf

The 10 meter Supported Air Rifle competition is OPEN for all .177 air rifles to be shot STANDING whilst resting on a 50mm Maximum diameter hard round bar.

Details of Supported Shooting can be found here :- https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile...._-_Edition.pdf

TARGETS.

1. All 6 yard pistol competitions will be shot on NSRA 6 YARDS (5.5 METRES) Air 8 targets.

2. All 6 yard rifle competitions will be shot on NSRA 6 YARDS (5.5 METRES) Air 7 targets.

3. All 10 meter pistol competitions will be shot on NSRA 10-METRE AIR PISTOL Air 4/89 targets. (or ISSF equivalent)

4. All 10 meter rifle competitions will be shot on NSRA 10-METRE AIR RIFLE Air 3/89 targets. (or ISSF equivalent)

Targets can be bought from the NSRA shop, or supplied by your local club.

5. Competition targets must be signed prior to shooting so as to clearly differentiate them from any regular practice cards that you may have.

PERMITTED AIR PISTOLS, AIR RIFLES and PELLETS.

MPL Air PISTOLS.
    Any UK legal single shot .177 Spring Powered or SSP air pistol that shoots with less than 6ft/lbs power will be eligible for this competition. Original manufacturers open sights only - no other type of sight is permitted.

OPEN Air PISTOL.
    Any UK legal type of single shot .177 air pistol that shoots with less than 6ft/lbs power will be eligible for this competition. Original manufacturers open sights only - no other type of sight permitted. Air pistols in the open class can be Spring Powered, Single Stroke Pneumatic, CO2 or PCP.

OPEN Air RIFLE.
    Any UK legal type of single shot .177 with less than 12 ft/lbs power with open sights or diopter sights (sometimes called peep sights). No telescopic sights may be used in this competition. Air rifles in the Open Class can be Spring Powered, Single Stroke Pneumatic, CO2 or PCP.

MPL Air RIFLES.
    Any UK legal single shot .177 spring powered or Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifle that shots with less than 12ft/lbs power can be used with "open sights" (as supplied by the manufacturer), or with dioptre rear sights and tunnel type front sights (sometimes known as "peep-sights). Telescopic sights or any other form of optical aids (other than prescription type correction lens) are banned.

SUPPORTED AIR RIFLE. Any type UK legal single shot .177 air rifle (including CO2, PCP, Spring Powered, SSP)) that shoots with less than 12 ft/lbs power can be used in the Supported Air Rifle Competition. Open sights or diopter type sights may be used. No telescopic sights are permitted in this competition. https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile...._-_Edition.pdfPELLETS.
    Only semi-wadcutter (flat nosed) pellets should be used to give clear cut holes in the targets. Round nose pellets will not give a clean enough cut to permit clear scoring, and cards that cannot be scored clearly should be given a zero score.

BB's
    ...and any pellet other than .177 calibre are specifically banned from this competition.

SHOOTING and SCORING

1. Six targets need to be shot each month with 5 shots on each = total possible score of 300 ex 300.

2. All pistol targets are to be shot single handed (unsupported).

3. All air rifle targets have to be shot from the free standing position with no supports.

4. Supported Air Pistol Shooting targets are to be shot from the standing position on a hard 50mm (maximum diameter) bar. ONLY the base of the pistol grip may touch the bar. (see the BBS thread on Supported Shooting for more details).

5. Supported Air Rifle Shooting targets are to be shot from the standing position on a hard 50mm (maximum diameter) bar. ONLY the front underside of the rifle may touch the bar. (see the BBS thread on Supported Shooting for more details)

6. The targets can be shot at any time during the month, but it is the shooters responsibility to ensure the scores are emailed to the scorer ( TO BE ADVISED) before the end of each competition month - or as soon as possible if you are running late or if you enter the competition after it has already started.

Submit your score in the format as shown below:-

Name/BBS name/Month/Competition/x6 target scores and total ex 300/airgun used/pellets used.

P.Smith (smiffee) January 2022 MPL Air Pistol. 38 + 34 + 37 + 41 + 44 + 39 = 233. GAMO Centre. Hobby pellets.

Please score your own targets accurately and honestly and submit your scores (in monthly blocks as shown in the above example) by the end of each month to Paul at mplscores@yahoo.com

4/.You should keep your cards safe for 2 months after they are shot as some may be requested for random checking. Any requested cards should be posted to us, and if they are not available they will be given a zero score.

5/. Anyone who scores a perfect 50 ex 50 needs to take a picture of the card and send it to mplscores@yahoo.com and zooma@kingcobra.co.uk .....so you can show it off .....and we can see how it should be done!
    LATE ENTRIES will be accepted at any time prior to 30th June 2022.

HOW TO ENTER

The entry fee has been REDUCED to £5.00 per entry. You need to supply your own targets of the appropriate type.

You can enter as many of the competitions as you like (ie Air Rifle and Air Pistol etc) - each one has the same £5.00 entry fee. You can even enter the same competition more than once if you like - maybe to shoot each with a different airgun to compare your scores.

Please send your entry DETAILS (with your BBS name and your location) to Bob (zooma here on the BBS), either by PM or by sending an email to zooma@kingcobra.co.uk.

Please send your entry PAYMENT using any of the methods described below:-

1) PayPal : Please use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk. PayPal payments made as "friends and family" do not attract charges - please use this option or ADD CHARGES to the cost of your payment.

2) Bank Transfer : please use sort code:- 01-10-01 acct no:- 72551100 acct name:- Rossendale Shooting

We use NSRA targets for all our competitions, and these can be bought direct from the NSRA Shop or your local club.

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY ENTRY HAS BEEN RECEIVED?

A list of received entries will be made here on the BBS by myself and updated when your entry fee and your BBS name and your address location has been correctly received.

Please check to make sure that I have shown your entry (or entries) in the correct competitions and let me know if I have made a mistake.

If you have entered, paid the £5 fee per entry/per event, and supplied your BBS name and your location correctly it will be displayed. If you have done this and your name is not shown - please contact zooma.stiles49@gmail.com.

The MPL series is promoted and organised by myself and other non-paid volunteers on behalf of the Rossendale Target Club - a small club in Rossendale Lancashire, to help it survive and keep the doors open
    Last edited by zooma; 27-07-2022 at 10:57 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Summer - Autumn 2022 Entry List.

Summer - Autumn 2022 MPL Competition Entry List

YOUR ENTRY WILL BE SHOWN HERE in GREEN when we have received your entry fee. Please let me know if you have paid and your name has not turned GREEN on this list.

6 Yard MPL Air Pistol.

1. Paul SE. Herne Bay,

6 Yard OPEN Air Pistol

1. Paul SE. Herne Bay.
    2. zooma.Rossendale.

6 Yard MPL Air Rifle.

1. zoomee. Bradford.
    2. birkin (BSA) Notttingham.
    3. birkin (Annie) Nottingham.

10 Meter Open Air Pistol.

1. PaulSE. Herne Bay.
    2. Sykes.Ainsdale
    3. bootneckbob. Bideford.

10 Meter OPEN AIR Rifle.

1. zoomee. Bradford.
    2. bootneckbob. Bideford.

10 Meter SUPPORTED AIR RIFLE.

1. Bart 49. Hebden Bridge.
    2. zooma . Rawtenstall
    3. SoftTop. Bury.
    4. Sykes. Ainsdale.
    Last edited by zooma; 24-07-2022 at 05:58 PM.

First new entry for the 2022 Summer-Autumn competition !

Very encouraging - I only made this post earlier today, and we have one new shooter already!.

Welcome to the 6yd and 10 meter air rifle zoomee (from Bradford).

Cheers looking forward to a challenge
    Not done this for a while.
    Webley tempest, Air Arm TX200HC Mk3 ,Weihrauch HW30

Bob,

I've paid £10 this afternoon by direct bank transfer for entry for the :

6yds MPL pistol comp, so I can use my Feinwerkbau 65 and 10m Open pistol with my Steyr LP10.

I will start to organise the scores pages soon, and I will make sure they are up and running by the end of July.

I'll take the entry names from the list that you put up on this post

Good shooting everyone
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

I too have sent £10 by bank transfer for 2 entries to the MPL 6 yard Air Rifle Competition.

BSA Lincoln Jeffries and

Anschutz Superair 2001

PM'd zooma with details.

All received paid entries have been acknowledged.....and turned green.

Scores pages for both rifle and pistol now online and ready to use

Standing by to receive your scores .......
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Scores pages for both rifle and pistol now online and ready to use

Standing by to receive your scores .......
    Time to get to it then.

But a bit hot in the garage at the moment

Mpl

Just sent £10 by PP for my entry:
    10m Open AP with Walther LP500
    10m AR with Anschutz 2002 SSP
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    Just sent £10 by PP for my entry:
    10m Open AP with Walther LP500
    10m AR with Anschutz 2002 SSP
    Thanks Rob,

I've added your details to the scores pages

Both rifle and pistol scores pages are now up-to-date and I've done 10m Open Air Pistol for July
    ATB, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Thanks Rob,

I've added your details to the scores pages

Both rifle and pistol scores pages are now up-to-date and I've done 10m Open Air Pistol for July
    ......also now shown in green on the list of entrants.