Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to find a new club

Thanks! Very handy to know there are so many clubs to choose from.

DeeGee68
    Daystate Pulsar .177 with Leupold VX-3 4.5-14X40mm & Weihrauch HW100S

postition

The problem i find with clubs is there is never any near me and if there is one they are always out in the country and without transport i cant get to them.

If anyone knows of any airgun clubs near my village (Cuxton) please pass them on i know there is a great looking club in Maidstone but its out of my range without transport i could get a train but that would cost and then its too far from the station to walk.

Peter
    Last edited by pr1uk; 26-04-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: asking more possible info

Quote Originally Posted by pr1uk View Post
    The problem i find with clubs is there is never any near me and if there is one they are always out in the country and without transport i cant get to them.

If anyone knows of any airgun clubs near my village (Cuxton) please pass them on i know there is a great looking club in Maidstone but its out of my range without transport i could get a train but that would cost and then its too far from the station to walk.

Peter

A long shot i know but does anyone live near me and visits an airgun club regularly and could possibly give me a lift to share petrol money etc.
    I live on a boat moored in Cuxton, Kent.

Wink Air rifle club

We have an Airgun club in Hertfordshire.
    Based on the outskirts of Cuffley, Hertfordshire.
    We meet on Monday evenings from 7.30 till 9.30.
    Come and shoot on 4 floodlit ranges and a purpose built 6 yard indoor pistol range.
    We cater for field target, plinkers, pistol and co2 pistol as long as it is non FAC.
    BASC affiliated.
    Club link is www.cuffleyftc.co.uk
    Still room for new members.

anyone know of any gun clubs in the Torbay area? Thanks.Derek

I started club shooting 6months ago in west sussex did a search on the web and was amazed at just how many clubs are around me . I never new or heard of them so as a newbie sites like this are a god send to find out

Wink Just got into FT after 14 years

I have just taken up FT again after about 14 years and I am addicted to it already. I used to be know as Pyscio Sue a name give to me by Mick and Pat Dawes. I cannot believe how the guns have changed over the years but the people are still as helpful and as great as usual. I am cannot wait for the weekend even more than normal already, Hello again to those who know me from years ago I used to be a member of Ansty which no longer exists and now I am a member of the Greyhound in Coventry and Purley Chase near Tamworth. oh what fun i am having

any air-pistol clubs in central or east london

Hi all,
    I am trying to find out if there are any shooting clubs in London especially in central or east london area and preferably one that allows air pistol shooting.

Thanks
    john

Cool Sad in Glasgow

Moved to Glasgow from Bristol last year having saved and scrimped for two years to buy my LP10 I now find there is one club in Glasgow that offers 10m pistol and that is on a Friday once a week. Anyone know of any other facilities?
    How I miss east Bristol Rifle and Pistol club ....

I wouldnt mind travelling 30 mins or so to shoot....I am in Jordanhill Glasgow.

Lightbulb The best thing I did...

The best thing I did was to visit my local gun shops.

They were really helpful and told be about a very local to me FT Club - http://www.southdorsetftc.com/

and an indoor range at Dorchester Rifle and Pistol Club - http://www.drpc.org.uk/

Unhappy Scotland

Just moved to Glasgow and the only place able to offer me 10m olympic pistol is Bearsden and then only on a Friday, I sure do miss East Bristol...

Anyone know of any dedicated 10m ranges up here? I would gladly travel to Edinburgh if necessary

mawibri,

Try enquiring on the Stirton Forum. There is quite a sizeable Scottish contingent there.

Rutty

Hey up mawibri, If you don't have much luck, I'll have that LP10 from you!

Local Gun Shops

Quote Originally Posted by john_almighty View Post
    Hi all,
    I am trying to find out if there are any shooting clubs in London especially in central or east london area and preferably one that allows air pistol shooting.

Thanks
    john
    Drop into your local gun shops, they should be only to happy to advise, If there a decent customer focused shop they will have details of local clubs as it's members will form part of their customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by john_almighty View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks
    john
    Several (perhaps surprisingly). Look at the NSRA Club Finder. Phoenix (New Cross), East Barnet, Roding, Witan (Blackfriars) would probably all class as Central and East.

Quote Originally Posted by mawibri View Post

Moved to Glasgow from Bristol last year having saved and scrimped for two years to buy my LP10 I now find there is one club in Glasgow that offers 10m pistol and that is on a Friday once a week. Anyone know of any other facilities?
    How I miss east Bristol Rifle and Pistol club ....

I wouldnt mind travelling 30 mins or so to shoot....I am in Jordanhill Glasgow.

Couldn't suggest other clubs specifically. Is there no one else at the club that would want to shoot any other time? A lot of clubs have their official opening times, but members will arrange quietly amongst themselves if they want or need to shoot at other times. My club is ostensibly open mostly evenings, but some of the retired members and members who work shifts come down odd weekday mornings to do cards quietly, especially if they're also club instructors who tend to be called on to do coaching in the evenings when novices are in and don't always get the quiet time they deserve to get on with their own shooting.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation