Thread: FWB 300s/300s junior

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FWB 300s/300s junior

What's the difference in the 2 rifles, my wife shot a 300s junior & liked it but finds my 300s isn't right for her, i know mine is a lefty, but was thinking if i could find a r/h junior stock & it fits then she could use it

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    What's the difference in the 2 rifles, my wife shot a 300s junior & liked it but finds my 300s isn't right for her, i know mine is a lefty, but was thinking if i could find a r/h junior stock & it fits then she could use it
    The only difference Rob , is the external stock dimensions and also the Junior doesn't have the heavy barrel weight .

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Dfait View Post
    The only difference Rob , is the external stock dimensions and also the Junior doesn't have the heavy barrel weight .

Daniel
    Thanks Danny, looks like i could get a used stock then, not much chance of a used junior stock, but maybe i could cut down a standard one, just a shame i'm lh but the good lady isn't

Burnley and District Air Rifle League.

Many years ago the club mentioned above had four Feinwerkbau 300S right handed and one junior right handed. The junior was for members who found the full version too heavy. The junior was never used. Which was a shame. Nobody could get on with it or liked it. The balance was all wrong if I'm honest. The rest is all psychological. I would assume quite rare. Good luck in your quest.

FWB 300s and 300 junior

I’m lucky, over the years I’ve managed to acquire both of these, they are of course both excellent, but I prefer the junior, I’m not a little chap , 5”10’ and 10,1/2 stone and I use a full size Anschutz 54 super match for small bore, but the junior seems “just right” for me.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmbevan View Post
    I’m lucky, over the years I’ve managed to acquire both of these, they are of course both excellent, but I prefer the junior, I’m not a little chap , 5”10’ and 10,1/2 stone and I use a full size Anschutz 54 super match for small bore, but the junior seems “just right” for me.
    Could i trouble you to let me have a few measurements, overall length, action length barrel length & stock length please