Quote Originally Posted by gsdjj View Post
Our 8 year old daughter does Tetrathlons with Pony Club, and currently practices in our back garden using an air pistol at 7 metres. I would like more regular help and advice from a club. There is a club called Trackside Airguns nearby but I dont know anything about the clubs, should I just approach them, or is there a list of things I should look for in a club? Im not asking anoyone (if they know them) to run them down or whatever, Its just I dont know anything about the Clubs.
Any advice would be greatfully received!
Im also trying to source a Tau 7 junior or if we can afford one a Steyr LP2 compact
The problem with a normal air pistol target club is they will shoot at 10 meters on a small round static target taking as long as they want, rather than at 7m (for the Minimus class) using turning targets. and a 4 Sec exposure
The pony club target is much bigger than the 10M target and may well not fit in a 10M target holder and people shooting a precision target may not want to be disturbed by a discipline which requires vocal commands.
The best thing to do is to go to a club and talk to them. There should be no problem with just turning up to an air pistol night with your daughter.