Thread: Huddersfield Rifle Club

Huddersfield Rifle Club

Is anyone a member of the above. I would like some info but the website throws up errors when trying to navigate it.

Many thanks.

Is that the one in Mirfield on Paul Lane ?

I used to be a member but could not afford the time to shoot regularly with small kids and work .

They have a 25 metre indoor range and 100 metre outdoor as I recall . Rimmys , centrefire and black powder pistols etc plus an airgun night .

They even have a bar !!

I emailed them a year or so ago to enquire about reactivating my membership but got no response ....

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

As far as I know its at Brockholes but I would be interested in any club in the area. I am after somewhere safe to set up a .17HMR and for use through the winter etc.

Never been a member of a club so know nothing about them.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Quote Originally Posted by MX5-Pilot View Post
    As far as I know its at Brockholes but I would be interested in any club in the area. I am after somewhere safe to set up a .17HMR and for use through the winter etc.

Never been a member of a club so know nothing about them.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.
    Hi Huddersfield rifle club is at the moment a full bore rifle club,at Brockholes ,Huddersfield.
    I think Paul Lane RPC would be more suitable to your needs at this time,and has the facility for you to shoot 17HMR,at up to 100mtrs.The Club is just above Colne Bridge,it is on Paul lane,the outdoor range is open, Fri, Sat and Sun,afternoons. Regards Himself.

As above huddersfield is at brockholes and has 200m and 500m ranges. Unless you want to shoot dedicated target rifle or f-class paul lane would be better.

Paul Lane is a great little club has a licensed bar, shop, 25m indoor range (22 and pistol) and 100m outdoor fullbore range. Is open fri-sun 1200 til 1700 and mon wed and thur 1900- until the last person goes home usually.

PM me and I can tell you how to get to either.

Rich

Hi, Do you know how much it costs? Also will my ticket need varying for use at a club? MAny thanks

Paul Lane

Quote Originally Posted by MX5-Pilot View Post
    Hi, Do you know how much it costs? Also will my ticket need varying for use at a club? MAny thanks
    Hi As a certificate holder you can visit the club and shoot for a range fee of £5,You can visit and shoot 3 times, After the 3 visits you will have to join before you can shoot again. The membership fee is about £80 a year with a range fee of £1 to shoot on the outdoor range[per visit].I hope this is of some help.
    Regards Himself

Paul lane is £76 per year. It is 50p per vist during the week and £1 on weekends.

Hudderfield is £20 per year and £5 per visit thereafter.

Both are great clubs and both will make you feel very welcome. Providing you talk to the right person that is. Every club has that one member don't they

You Too

Quote Originally Posted by c18rch View Post
    Paul lane is £76 per year. It is 50p per vist during the week and £1 on weekends.

Hudderfield is £20 per year and £5 per visit thereafter.

Both are great clubs and both will make you feel very welcome. Providing you talk to the right person that is. Every club has that one member don't they
    Well now I wonder who the above statment is aimed at.
    The fact is the guy wants to shoot a .17, this is not allowed on the indoor range Hence my advice on the outdoor range the range fee is a £1 .there is a joining fee for new members which is six pound.Huddersfield rifle Club is £30 Per Year.My Name Is john Farrell and I will be happy to see you at Paul Lane.
    As for the chap above don't hide behind c18rch show yourself.
    Regards John F.