Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feinwerkbau 300s

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    They look very nice,it seems mine is a 300s universal going off your pics.On a side note if anyone has or see's a stock for one of these I would be interested as mine is a little er worn
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    would like to upgrade mine to a pok or maccari spring to shoot 25 yard, any recommendations for either, and is it easy to do yourself? thanks for any advice
    Provided you are confident with the stripping procedure on the 300, which can look daunting at first with the sledge system to remove, then it is fairly straightforward.

If you are unsure then best to get help. I've done a few of these now and would be willing to help if you aren't too far away.

The Maccari spring is fairly readily available, not sure if POK! is still able to get springs made.

What are these like on scopes ? Does the recoil, been slightly different to a springer, damage scopes? Or are any springer rated scopes fine? Have an '80's Tasco that I fancy mounting on it but don't want to risk damaging.

So far I have had no issues with scopes on them at all. The little Hawke 2-7x32 pictured on one of my rifles has survived just fine despite being a cheap scope.

I would say though if you have a rare scope then perhaps err on the side of caution. I don't think there would be a problem however, but some of the 1980's Tasco's, particularly the 2-7x32AG seem to have somewhat delicate reticles as I have seen a number of them which have been broken.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    So far I have had no issues with scopes on them at all. The little Hawke 2-7x32 pictured on one of my rifles has survived just fine despite being a cheap scope.

I would say though if you have a rare scope then perhaps err on the side of caution. I don't think there would be a problem however, but some of the 1980's Tasco's, particularly the 2-7x32AG seem to have somewhat delicate reticles as I have seen a number of them which have been broken.

Cheers mate I'll leave my Tasco where it is then