View Poll Results: Put target numbers next to targets?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

45 76.27%
  • No

14 23.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Numbers by targets.

Numbers by targets.

When shooting a course do you like to have the target number displayed next to the relevant target or leave without and have a greater chance of shooting the wrong one?

Just gleaning info for our Southern Hunters round in a couple of weeks.

Steve.

Good question.

At one place I go they don't put numbers next to the target, where as another place they do. So me I'm not fussed

However if you are not sure which target is at the required peg. Just pull the string & look where it ends
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    It helps a great deal especially with crossed strings or when there's two targets in the same general area. Anything to make it easier is a good thing in my book.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Number at the target

Number at the target,i have shot the wrong one before because of crossed stings and some one else in the next lane pulling a string at the same time as me.
    A miss is a miss no matter how much energy the pellet is carrying.

Most annoying shooting the wrong target I agree. What's worse is if you then miss the target you wrongly knocked over

Looking like I will need to make some numbers up

Steve.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    It is helpful to have the targets marked with the corresponding peg number, but only essential if you have lots of crossed strings.
    Personally, i don't set a course which has any crossed strings as it is possible to put off another shooter when you are resetting a target.

Numbers

Knocked over the wrong target last Sunday (how they all laughed) so an easy choice for me!

i shot one of my best kills ever a short while back ....over a pond at byley ,good way off as well(pushing 50-55 yards)....when it went down i was well chuffed..shame it was the wrong target !!! so yes numbers next to the target please..

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    It is helpful to have the targets marked with the corresponding peg number, but only essential if you have lots of crossed strings.
    Personally, i don't set a course which has any crossed strings as it is possible to put off another shooter when you are resetting a target.
    I dunno Mark, I've managed to shoot the wrong target at Shepreth before

I think HFT is a test of your shooting skills, not a Crypton factor type competition where half the battle is having to decide which target you should be aiming at, so I would say numbers should be placed at the target.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Come on guys im starting to wonder if you lot should have air rifles
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Alegazmoz is online now Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    Come on guys im starting to wonder if you lot should have air rifles
    big-arf!

always pull the string .. number or not.

People call me lazy because I can't spell properly and also make fun on occasions.

Surly not pulling a string to see where the target is lazy aswell?
    If you hit the wrong target because you didn't pull the string and people take the piss out of you it's nobodys fault but your own!

How hard is it to pull a string and surly it's worth it??
    |TX200 Club - Brighton HFT|
    Can you afford to guess if she's pregnant or not? Well now you can with the all new service revolver! Just 2 easy steps and your sorted. Point to your head then pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac View Post
    People call me lazy because I can't spell properly and also make fun on occasions.

If you hit the wrong target because you didn't pull the string and people take the piss out of you it's nobodys fault but your own!

Exactly right Spence.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac View Post

What about the practically blind amongst us Spence? Past 15 yards I've no hope of seeing a target even if I pull the string and when there two or three targets on the same tree the numbers help a lot. Let's face it we all want to do. Well because of our shooting ability, not because we're lucky.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!