Thread: Best Modern Pellet in 5.6mm

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Best Modern Pellet in 5.6mm

Which are the best modern pellets for ye olde British barrels made in two-two calibre?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Which are the best modern pellets for ye olde British barrels made in two-two calibre?
    Superdomes by a mile.

P.S. on paper they are too small but in practice they work!!!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Superdomes by a mile.

P.S. on paper they are too small but in practice they work!!!
    Maybe they have a very thin skirt which is blasted into the rifling? Thanks for the tip, Pylarms and Eley Wasps weren't THAT great even when they were made properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Maybe they have a very thin skirt which is blasted into the rifling? Thanks for the tip, Pylarms and Eley Wasps weren't THAT great even when they were made properly.
    I guess it is something like that.

My Airsporter used to love the Eley Wasp when they were well made. It hates most 5.5mm pellets and you can feel the harshness caused by them being loose and not providing a cushion against the piston. Superdomes, however, feel great and are very well made.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Another vote for Superdomes here, (Diana 48/52, HW97K and Orig 50) though my FWB127 loves Accupels too.
    The Wasps go nicely in my Airsporters with rotary taps; though it helps to push them in with a match stick just to get them to seat snugly.
    Last edited by Mrs. H; 27-11-2009 at 10:44 PM.

edbear2 Guest
    I find that mine like H+N ftt in 5.54...

some more opinions here;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325990