Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valuation please, Feinwerkbau FWB 124

Valuation please, Feinwerkbau FWB 124

Due to me not using the gun any more, I am considering offering it for sale, depending on valuation.
    It is (I think) a 1978 Mk 1 model, number 29150. The condition I can only describe as immaculate. The blueing is 100% original, the woodwork has only the tiniest of dinks on it which you have to look for, it has a plastic trigger.
    I bought this rifle about 5 years ago from a collector who had bought it new and NEVER fired it. As you can imagine, I paid a premium price for a gun that could have only been described as brand new.
    It has the original front and rear sights which I removed due to mounting a scope for competition work, it is also fitted with sling swivels.
    When I came to cock and fire it, I noticed a squeaking sound coming from the piston seal so, I removed the still brand new spring and changed everything for a Macarri Old School kit which is in the gun now, I still have the original spring.
    I have entered many local competitions for springers using this gun and won most of them. I actually bought a Weirauch HW98 competition target rifle to see if I could better my scores, but sold it when I realised the FWB was a better and more accurate rifle!!
    Now the bad bit
    Either Royal Mail or the Spanish Correos thought fit to drop the parcel on it's end during transit when I first bought the rifle. This resulted in the 2 little 'Wings' on the safety catch breaking off as the gun was disassembled for transit. This in no way affects the workings of the gun but it affects the cosmetic appearance if you look close enough. A new safety catch shouldn't be hard to find though to get the gun back to a collectors item.

Pic here

More

More

Yet more

Nearly there

And finally

The rifle will be complete with the leather sling and I'll include a black padded bag. Fitted on the gun at the moment is a Gamo 4 - 12 x 44AOE shock resistant scope which I found to be the best for 30 yards target shooting at a 10mm bull. I would like a valuation for the gun on it's own and another for the complete set up with scope and a quality one piece mount.

Thanks
    Nige

This rifle has the rarer 'wrap round' front sight element. I also recently bought a safety slide off this very site as a spare as they are so easily damaged for £12.

These rifles are VERY sought after and rare in this condition. I.M.O I would place this combination in the £300+ area.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thank you Ian,
    Your valuation is about what I expected in the currant climate So I think I'll check it over and get it up on the for sale board as soon as I've done this.
    Now I'm back in England I seem to have less time for shooting, ah well.
    Thanks again
    Nige

Your very welcome.

Good luck with the sale of what I consider to be one of the best, if not THE best, break barrel air rifle ever produced.

ATB
    Ian

Here Here

I would sell the scope and mounts separately as they don't really add anything to the package. It is not mint in box but a really nice desirable example with the plastic trigger, the nicest looking foresight, and original spring. The Maccari innards is a bonus for those who like shooting their collectables. Its also in my favorite calibre and most accurate especially in a Sport.

Valuation for rifle £300, as they are in fashion and a Macarri kit is £70. The scope for 60% of what you paid. There are still a good few Sports out there but fewer and fewer in good condition, so the valuation shows the premium as at almost twice the price of an average used one.

I'm sorely tempted but have one mint and two to shoot. There is a limit. I wouldn't sell it as you just won't get anything nicer to shoot in a springer. The early ones seem to shoot exceptionally tight groups.

I have several FWB MK1's 124 & 127's, I'm not so sure as to your date of 1978 though, I have for example, a mint 127 serial No 25552 which was bought new in London in 1980 by BBS member abewilson from whom I bought the rifle from 2.5 years ago.

The rifle also clearly has a MK11 stock on it and I have never seen a mk1 with a wrap around foresight before ?

You mention 'Spanish Correos' So I can only assume it was imported from Spain, perhaps guns sent there originaly where configured diferently?

Not certain how someone could put a value on it of £ 300 when I only paid £ 260 for a Genuine 'Mint' mk1.

Hope this helps rather than confuses

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Garvin's got a rare Feinwerkbau Sport 121, almost unused, in similar condition for sale at the moment and it is £220.

It is the same as the 124 but with the low power German home market spring, a plain stock and no sling swivels.

£300 might be a little too much for the rifle you describe, but there is only one way to find out what the market will stand....

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Garvin's got a rare Feinwerkbau Sport 121, almost unused, in similar condition for sale at the moment and it is £220.

It is the same as the 124 but with the low power German home market spring, a plain stock and no sling swivels.

£300 might be a little too much for the rifle you describe, but there is only one way to find out what the market will stand....
    If they cant afford cake let them eat bread.

The 121 is rarer but a base model and this UK market, 124 comes with a decent scope and mounts AND open sights.
    Like you say - the only way to find its true value is offer it for sale.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by fairgunner View Post
    I have several FWB MK1's 124 & 127's, I'm not so sure as to your date of 1978 though, I have for example, a mint 127 serial No 25552 which was bought new in London in 1980 by BBS member abewilson from whom I bought the rifle from 2.5 years ago.

The rifle also clearly has a MK11 stock on it and I have never seen a mk1 with a wrap around foresight before ?

You mention 'Spanish Correos' So I can only assume it was imported from Spain, perhaps guns sent there originaly where configured diferently?

Not certain how someone could put a value on it of £ 300 when I only paid £ 260 for a Genuine 'Mint' mk1.

Hope this helps rather than confuses
    its definitely a mk 1 but the really early ones had plastic but plates
    i paid £150 for a MINTER myself BUT wouldnt sell it for that
    and they are fashionable just now

Thats £230 for the rifle and £70 for the Maccari innards making £300. Which is a fair price for a great rifle. Compared to what you can get new, that's not bad value. You can always bring the price down. Gun values have all gone up 20% in the last year if anyone hadn't noticed.

In Europe 121's are much more common and just not as good looking as deluxe.

I think it is a MKII because its the one I first had in circa 1980/81, and the foresight after the MKI's basic looking thing, plastic trigger or not. Its the British who pushed the MKI/II//III thing and Europeans wouldn't have cared a bit.
    Last edited by Muskett; 30-11-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Thats £230 for the rifle and £70 for the Maccari innards making £300. Which is a fair price for a great rifle. Compared to what you can get new, that's not bad value. You can always bring the price down. Gun values have all gone up 20% in the last year if anyone hadn't noticed.

In Europe 121's are much more common and just not as good looking as deluxe.

I think it is a MKII because its the one I first had in circa 1980/81, and the foresight after the MKI's basic looking thing, plastic trigger or not. Its the British who pushed the MKI/II//III thing and Europeans wouldn't have cared a bit.
    if it was a Mk 2 it would say on it only the Mk1s dont have the Mk stamped on them

Quote Originally Posted by fairgunner View Post
    How long ago?
    Oh, and I did highlight it as a value on the combination (4-12 Gammo scope & mounts).

ATB
    Ian

All bar in name then First good rifle I had.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

value?

lovely example,and you wont be surprised that in my opinion its priceless,but in the real and cold world of market value i would expect £250[rifle only] if you actualy want to sell it in the fairly near future.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,