Thread: BSA Standard

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella

BSA Standard

Just spent a happy few hours rebuilding a BSA Standard Its barrel was rather grubby & has had a dose of hoppes no 9 & a good scrub, loads of filth came out, I fitted a new piston washer i pressed to shape myself eased the washer to fit and its now up & running. The spring appears to be an airsporter one but fits nicely wasnt worn or buckled so i used it again. The rifle holds air well and after five shots to clear its throat is now running at 11.5 ftlds. Going to take it for a walk this arvo to see how it shoots.

Had a good plink down the creek, it shoots really well. Well pleased.

Hi Kieth,

Well done, after your work the rifle should be good for another 80 odd years!

I am glad you are realising just how good these old timers shoot. I doubt there will be many of todays airguns still functioning well in 80 years time.

Happy shooting

Lakey

hi keith,glad you like your standard,great guns arnt they,i have about a dozen air rifles old and new but i think the last one i would part with would be my standard!..cheers greasemonkey

This new one is about the best of mine, i have four others, one 1910 imp model D good shooter but for worn out rifling, & three Standards of varying condition two are wrecks. The worst has scope rails by cold chisel i kid you not.
    I think that one is going to get modified shortly.

great rifles i use mine all the time a have a improved model D as well in .177 nice gun but not as punchy as the standed