Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Valuation please, Feinwerkbau FWB 124

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    lovely example,and you wont be surprised that in my opinion its priceless,but in the real and cold world of market value i would expect £250[rifle only] if you actualy want to sell it in the fairly near future.
    I think so too. V-Mach kits and Maccari kits, while they are brilliant things, don't add to the value of a rifle in my experience, everyone wanting them 'virgin' so they can have their own way with them .

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think so too. V-Mach kits and Maccari kits, while they are brilliant things, don't add to the value of a rifle in my experience, everyone wanting them 'virgin' so they can have their own way with them .
    correct
    bit like putting a better radio in your car and expecting its value to increase you only do these things for yourself while you own it

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    if it was a Mk 2 it would say on it only the Mk1s dont have the Mk stamped on them
    First time I've ever heard of that - I must check all eight of mine (Different Mk's) again, maybe over the last 28 years since the mk2 was introduced and I first purchased one, I mist this identification, despite having them apart countless times for cleaning/maintenance over the years

Also the MK2's stock was made from a much cheaper piece of beech, the chequering was machine cut & part finished by hand, the pistol grip & cheekpiece were less defined and my first one - the stock split in two at the pistol grip after only a few months

Quote Originally Posted by fairgunner View Post
    First time I've ever heard of that - I must check all eight of mine (Different Mk's) again, maybe over the last 28 years since the mk2 was introduced and I first purchased one, I mist this identification, despite having them apart countless times for cleaning/maintenance over the years

Also the MK2's stock was made from a much cheaper piece of beech, the chequering was machine cut & part finished by hand, the pistol grip & cheekpiece were less defined and my first one - the stock split in two at the pistol grip after only a few months
    some mk 2s had the same stock as the mk1
    its stamped on the breech block

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Here Here

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

quere?

while in a local gun shop the owner who knows my happy obsession with everything fwb said have a look at this model 127 thats come in with the useual fail in that the piston had shattered what took my interest was lts no frills appearence in a dark wood ,she was totaly unmarked and very well looked after and maintained late 1980s?,i very quickly checked to see if she was up for sale but the owner when confronted with a £400 price for a new quality spring rifle retreated to a rebuild of this icon of spring technology .im still in two minds as to owning more than one 124/127;having say 5 or 6 as one or two conasseurshere have would leave me nonplussedas to which to take out first as they are all clawing at me with similer appeal.
    Last edited by red bob; 30-11-2009 at 11:15 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    some mk 2s had the same stock as the mk1
    its stamped on the breech block
    'some mk 2s had the same stock as the mk1': Never heard that one before

'its stamped on the breech block': Not on the 3 MK2's I've got its not.

May I ask: are you a friend or relative of Matt from Muxton??

'some mk 2s had the same stock as the mk1': Never heard that one before

'its stamped on the breech block': Not on the 3 MK2's I've got its not.

what makes you think they are mk2s
    every mk2 i have seen has mk2 stamped under
    feinwerkbau oberndor / on the breech block
    and no relation
    ps
    now i understand how you got mixed up about the mk of stock on nige's
    Last edited by mallyally; 30-11-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    's

Why, has he got 'Mk 2' stamped on his 'breech block'?

I've also heard that some metal-triggered Mk 2s have got thin-handed Mk 1 stocks but it might be a big fekkin LIE, ask Garvin he usually knows about transition types and the like.

A few comments:

On the valuation I agree with £250 for the rifle/£300 for the combo general ballpark at the prices these things seem to be selling for at the moment. A year ago it might have been £50 less and a year before that maybe another £30 less again!

My 121 sold shortly after I put an ad in the sales section this evening.

I've seen Sports that I'm pretty sure from the serial numbers must have been Mk2s but didn't have the "Series Mk II" stamp on the breech.

121s are certainly more common in Europe than in the UK but only two have come up for sale on egun in the last four years, one of which sold tonight. Very few were made, relative to the 124/127 models.

The wraparound front sights are much less common than the dovetail type but several have appeared on the BBS/other forums in recent years, some of them UK imports.

I've never quite worked out which Mk had which stock - I've seen so many contradictions that I'm a bit skeptical there's a precise stock type per model.

The 1978 date for serial no 28xxx does sound slightly early. Did this date come from FWB itself Nige? I think some of the confusion comes from the fact that UK dealers sometimes sold guns new which were made several years earlier. Not sure why, maybe because they were imported in batches and distribution to the end user took quite a while? I bought a 30xxx serial 127 brand new in 1982....

I think it's brilliant that so many people rate the Sports highly and that there's far more to them than just nostalgia or the famous FWB brand. Despite various faults, their lightness/build quality/power/ease of cocking/tuneability/accuracy etc make them great fun to own and shoot today.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

The wraparound front sights are much less common than the dovetail type but several have appeared on the BBS/other forums in recent years, some of them UK imports.

I've never quite worked out which Mk had which stock - I've seen so many contradictions that I'm a bit skeptical there's a precise stock type per model.

The 1978 date for serial no 28xxx does sound slightly early. Did this date come from FWB itself Nige? I think some of the confusion comes from the fact that UK dealers sometimes sold guns new which were made several years earlier. Not sure why, maybe because they were imported in batches and distribution to the end user took quite a while? I bought a 30xxx serial 127 brand new in 1982....

I think it's brilliant that so many people rate the Sports highly and that there's far more to them than just nostalgia or the famous FWB brand. Despite various faults, their lightness/build quality/power/ease of cocking/tuneability/accuracy etc make them great fun to own and shoot today.
    Agreed.

Its a well known fact that the left hand stocks are the ones to go for.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

personally i had one of these as a kid it was an average OK, nothing to get excited about but then when recharged came out WOW now your talking ,i value these no more than £100 but then as only childhood memories...

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    personally i had one of these as a kid it was an average OK, nothing to get excited about but then when recharged came out WOW now your talking,i value these no more than £100 but then as only childhood memories...
    Thats the approx NEW price in the late 70's/early 80's, going off that logic the next time a mint Sharp Innova comes on the board it should be no more than £55!

This FWB 124 has got to be worth between £180 - £230, the combo £220 -£270.

However if the seller puts the rifle up for £100 i'll wager that it's sold within five minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    personally i had one of these as a kid it was an average OK, nothing to get excited about but then when recharged came out WOW now your talking ,i value these no more than £100 but then as only childhood memories...
    An interesting point - I was talking to a reputable airgun dealer recently who held exactly the same opinion.

The prices on some guns have perhaps been driven up by the BBS hype. We all like to think that the guns we own are worth more.. (and that th eones we want are worth less)

However, anything is worth exactly what someone is prepared to pay for it and a reasonably good complete FWB 124/127 is likely to sell for around £250 on here, judging by recent sales history..
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post

However if the seller puts the rifle up for £100 i'll wager that it's sold within five minutes!
    I bet even short armed long pocketed MALLY would snap at that one. If it was a leftie I'd have a go.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk