Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Hunter Series Round 3 - West London Rangers

Southern Hunter Series Round 3 - West London Rangers

It is always a pleasure to shoot here, great courses in previous rounds and a good location - definately a highlight of the SHS calender.

I am told by a reliable source ..That this is a lovely venue!
    Can't wait to shoot it!
    Hopefully there will be a few from 'The Oaks'...
    Fingers crossed for dry weather eh!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Yep I hope it stays dry. But if to form it rains on the day there will be plenty of tarp's and shelters up to stay dry. Also there will be something to warm us up if it's a cold day!

At the club there are lots of steps and some are wooden. Please be careful when using them as some can get a bit slippy in the wet, but we will do our best to clean them off and also mark any trip hazards in yellow paint.
    Don't want any trips or falls like when I slipped and dropped me gun new Leup' down Seems alright though

Steve.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Steve

Its the Southern Hunters mate it has been going for a few years now it is a great event shot in crap conditions.

Mud slippery surfaces and more mud 2010-2011 will be the same, we will be there.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Southern Hunters are shot on Sundays ' cos it's the nanny's day off ...

... be careful out there!

arf!

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ateallthepies View Post
    Yep I hope it stays dry. But if to form it rains on the day there will be plenty of tarp's and shelters up to stay dry. Also there will be something to warm us up if it's a cold day!

Steve.
    It would be nice if it was good weather all year round, but the SHS is a winter series and a bit of wind and rain makes it more interesting.

I didn't mean to nanny about the slippy steps but thought it could save some grief if every one who reads this knows. I have been shooting there a year and still one of the slippery suckers got me!

Gonna go on Saturday to have a squelch round and see what's what after all the rain.
    Hopefully there will be dry bits left

Steve.

Can we have some directions on how to find WLR, travelling from the Cambridge area?

Cheers, Phil

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Can we have some directions on how to find WLR, travelling from the Cambridge area?

Cheers, Phil
    UB9 6JN post code from an old SH thread.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Cheers, Phil

Here you go Phil, a basic route would be:-

A10, A505, A1M, M25 to J16 exit, left onto M40-A40, left onto B467 - Keep on this road and when you see the dogs home, park there.

Cheers, Phil
    For anyone travelling south,

If I were you I would come off the M25 at junction 17 and bear left straight off the round-about, turn right at the next one and then follow the A412 for a couple of miles through maple cross, straight over another round-about, and then up a hill and down into Denham Green (30 mph speed camera and speed van hot spot at bottom of hill) and turn left (after camera) into moorfield road which is between two stretches of shops, for another mile or so, then at the roundabout chuck a right onto Harvil Road and about a mile down the road is the dogs trust on the left.

It takes about 10-15 minutes from junction 17 and is a much more direct route and will also miss out the roadworks between junction 17-16.

There should be some HFT signs up from the Denham green end, but if anyone comes in the other way (Travelling north) on the M40/A40 and turns onto B467 then turns left onto Harvil Road at a round-about, I think someone else is in charge of signage?

Steve.

Steve.
    Last edited by ateallthepies; 05-12-2009 at 11:03 PM.

How far away from the dogs trust car park is the HFT area,as I will have my dog
    with me, I remember parking behind the food wagon once before, is that area too soggy to park on at the moment? I used to have a 4x4 but not any more unfortunately.

Thanks for any info

John

It is directly opposite the turning into the ground.

Yes it a hundred yards or so from the shooting area over a not too busy road.

In our car park there is room for about twenty cars plus the snack wagon if we squeeze 'em in. There would be room for loads more but the half at the back is a bit boggy but may be OK for 4X4's. In our car park it is best to reverse into a space if you have front wheel drive as the edges do get squelchy and cause a bit of wheel spinning!

Just a quick reminder if you haven't read the other thread, if you park over the road in the Dogs Trust, can all guns be in slips until you reach the shooting ground and also fill your guns down there as well. We are lucky to be able to use their parking and don't want to upset any of their patrons with guns being waved about.

The course is looking good with not much mud around yet, but a hundred or so pairs of boots should soon sort that out, with a nice mix of long, short, high and low shots. If we get some wind it could get interesting.

Well only a week to go,

Steve.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by ateallthepies View Post
    Yes it a hundred yards or so from the shooting area over a not too busy road.

In our car park there is room for about twenty cars plus the snack wagon if we squeeze 'em in. There would be room for loads more but the half at the back is a bit boggy but may be OK for 4X4's. In our car park it is best to reverse into a space if you have front wheel drive as the edges do get squelchy and cause a bit of wheel spinning!

Just a quick reminder if you haven't read the other thread, if you park over the road in the Dogs Trust, can all guns be in slips until you reach the shooting ground and also fill your guns down there as well. We are lucky to be able to use their parking and don't want to upset any of their patrons with guns being waved about.

The course is looking good with not much mud around yet, but a hundred or so pairs of boots should soon sort that out, with a nice mix of long, short, high and low shots. If we get some wind it could get interesting.

Well only a week to go,

Steve.
    A guide this good is normally a fiver on the door ....
    ....... hopefully the burgers are to the same standard

.. looking forward to this shoot once again.

arf!