Thread: Geco info please

ggggr is online now part time super hero and seeker of justice

Geco info please

Someone has told me that they have a Geco break barrel rifle stamped 54R, although this may be 45R. Any info appreciated. I know that Geco and Gecado were names used for the American market by Diana/Original, after that I dont know much.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Gustav Genscho

This was the German pre-war trade name of Geco. Look it up and will give you lots of info.
    There are many people on here that should be more forthcoming with what you need (information).

Richard

ggggr is online now part time super hero and seeker of justice

Geco

Bump for any info please?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

hi,ive got a gecado mod 5 break barrel air pistol,i got given it last year,i couldnt find any info on that anywhere it looks quiet old though,i managed to find a couple of pics of gecado rifles on google back then but no real useful info
    bikeboy luvs his monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Someone has told me that they have a Geco break barrel rifle stamped 54R, although this may be 45R. Any info appreciated. I know that Geco and Gecado were names used for the American market by Diana/Original, after that I dont know much.
    Hi Guy

I found this tonight on Grant's Forum and thought of you

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57629...ales+Brochures

Hope this helps

All the best Mick

geco

hi i got a gecado 27 its a very early one from after ww2 when m&g started back up it has the date 53 on the stock and the three ball trigger geco & gecado was for the US market .regards mark

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Is it an Original Diana then?

A quick Google search found the following:

At pakguns.com:

GECO is the abbreviation of Gustav Genschow & Co., subsidiary of the Company, founded 1912, former manufacturer of pistol and revolver cartridges.....Rifles produced by Geco were named Gecado. Geco were also known for production of First Ever Bolt Action 12 Guage Shotgun the gun used to be known as GEHA and its nickname was HHH (Hard Heart Hitter).

Gustav Genschow OR Geco were an early manufacturer of such guns…this company also made single-shot .22 S-L-LR rifles in the 1920’s. Due to Jewish ownership, however, the Third Reich redistributed Genschow’s assets to Nazi-friendly companies such as Gustloff-Werke.

A reference on shotgunworld.com BBS said this:

GECO is an abreviation for Gustav Geschow a firearms and ammuntion supplier from 1887 until 1937 in Berlin,Germany. I believe that the company was taken over by the Nazis because the owners were Jewish.

and Genschow's current website has some history here:

http://www.genschow.com/English/Firma_e/firma_e.htm
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.