Thread: haggered bsa cadet help.

haggered bsa cadet help.

i have a bsa cadet which has had hell of a battering, but still shooting reasonably well.

i want to give it the works.

complete internal overhaul.
    complete stock renovation.
    complete reblue.

im not looking to add any value to it, as my new born son will be inherriting this when hes old enough to shoot. so got ages yet.

but i am hopeless at technical stuff so would like to send it away for the works.

where if anywhere can i send it?

i have a budget of around £150 to spend on it, and want a professional job done. it is worth saving and all the bits are there just a bit tired.

harry mac is online now You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Several on here have said good things about the re-bluing service offered at Manchester Airguns. Refinishing the stock should be self doable. Stripping off the old finish with Nitromors is dead easy. Once that's done decide what kind of finish you want to apply and get to it. A Birchwood Casey stock finish kit will come with full instructions and everything you need to do a good job.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

cheers harry

cheers harry but i cant get the stock off her, its jammed tight!!

harry mac is online now You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Has the action been glued into the stock?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

im not sure, but the stock bolt through the grip is chewed beyond and stuck fast.
    think i may be better getting a better condition bsa cadet off here when one pops up and selling this one for spares/repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by daimaesteg View Post
    im not sure, but the stock bolt through the grip is chewed beyond and stuck fast.
    think i may be better getting a better condition bsa cadet off here when one pops up and selling this one for spares/repairs.
    when they get damp the bolt seizes in the wood last one i did had to be drilled out / funny though the thread in the back block was fine though

well built

they do seem extremely well built.
    would like to take this oppurtunity to say im on the prowl for a bsa cadet or cadet major in very good condition, and will be selling the one i have for spares or repairs.