Thread: Ruger Superhawk

boff180 Guest

Ruger Superhawk

Hi guys,

Does anybody have any more information on this new pellet CO2 revolver at all?

Pictures appeared in a few mags recently and it looked like the entire cylinder revolves with a blurb saying its from Brocock. BAR have announced they are expecting it soon but since then no further information has been announced?

Thanks

Andy

These new guns are confusing. I thought the Dan Wesson that shot steel bbs in individuul cartridges looked good.
    Saw one in TAL Arms. Good looking nicely made but only shot plastic bbs in a circular mag. clearly not the one I saw on the back of Airgun World.
    I dont do plastic and still want to know if the one in/on the mag shoots pellets. I dont do steel bbs either. Not since one returned fire!
    Last edited by gingernut; 06-12-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by boff180 View Post
    Hi guys,

Does anybody have any more information on this new pellet CO2 revolver at all?
    AFAIK it's only a 6mm airsoft pistol (although it is classed as an airgun since the ME is over 1 Joule, WAY over 1 Joule ) Perhaps that's where the confusion lies?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    These new guns are confusing. I thought the Dan Wesson that shot steel bbs in individuul cartridges looked good.

I dont do plastic and still want to know if the one in/on the mag shoots pellets. I dont do steel bbs either. Not since one returned fire!
    According to Jan 2010 Air Gunner the Dan Wesson does shoot BB's or Pellets.

Well it should be a good buy then. My friend who loves springers,well HWs, well the 77 really:you get my drift. shot the plastic bb Dan Wesson and declared it amazing!
    With lead might really be something special.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I don't know anything about it but if it's made by Ruger, it should be top-notch: although the company's not as shooter-friendly since Bill Ruger passed away. (Pulling the Old Army percussion model from production, for example).

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

ruger super hawk

got a nickle one this week beautiful looking and quite well made it puts out 4 joules tried it with 0.20g 6mm at a tin plate dinted the plate and shattered the ball i have ordered some 30 g and some 6mm steel balls will try it on the range over the weekend for accuracy

boff180 Guest
    Finally saw one today at Shooting Supplies.

Why oh why have they made this thing BB?? A .177 pellet would be superb and very very accurate out of this beast.

Such a waste! Especially as I was going to get one if it was pellet

Andy

It looks like the sort of thing made more for the USA market where BBs continue to be popular ammo. I suspect it is made in the Far East and simply badged by Ruger. It's not a proper Ruger.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Whoever licensed them the Dan Wesson name can't have been thinking straight either. I used to own a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum and it was a beautifully made revolver. This thing looks ugly as sin, although there may be some training value in it using a "cartridge" type pellet carrier.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Hi yep i have one in the for sale section, only to fund something else. I can say this gun is fantastic. Very powerful (about 3.5 ft lbs) and accurate. Very well made, all metal, and swing out drum. I think this is double the power of the wesson, as iv heard that is 2j, while this is 4.

Thanks Rich.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now