Thread: Shepreth Results 6/12/09

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.

Shepreth Results 6/12/09

Another blustery day at Shep, but nobody minded the wind as the rain stopped well before the shooting started. As we don't get to shoot targets out in the open very often, we put a couple along the ditch this week for a bit of practice. With only 3 people knocking down the 45ish yard rat in high wind ( about 4 dots ), we had better keep placing some outside of the wood. A big well done to Ben Rawlings for a great score and new PB, not to mention that he beat his dad (Matt) by a point Thanks go to those who helped set up and pack away and to the girls for the very welcome hot food and drinks.

Open

Mark Andrews 56 1st
    Justin Rhone 55 2nd
    Jeff Westley 53 3rd
    Bruce Marshall 52
    Andrea Marshall 52
    Matt Rawlings 49
    Clive Presland 49
    Larissa Sykes 49
    Mick Salmon 48
    Martin Slane 47
    Nicky Pearson 47
    David Maun 46
    Alan Sultano 45
    Ralph Presland 45
    Mick Reed 44
    Dave Maun 42
    Vicky Mallows 42
    Phil Russell 41
    Jonathon Pearson 40
    Darren Hall 38
    John Brede 38
    Paul Dawson 38
    Tony Merry 34
    Rian ? 34
    George Griffiths 33
    Steve Masters 32
    Len Brede 30

Recoiling

Anne Russell 39 1st

Colin Sykes 50 1st
    Simon Jones 49 2nd
    Wayne Pearce 39 3rd
    Alan Hall 36
    Anita Hall 35
    Mark Britten 33

Junior

Ben Rawlings 50 1st
    Connor Andrews 47 2nd
    Ben Thompsett 44 3rd
    Becky Rawlings 39
    Ryan Hall 35
    Karl Chandler 32
    Danielle Paul 29

Pistol HFT

Scoped

Wayne Pearce 51 1st
    Mark Andrews 50
    Simon Jones 46
    Matt Rawlings 39
    Justin Rhone 37

See you all in 2 weeks for the Xmas shoot and Raffle.

Mark.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Great shooting from Ben and Justin. We'll have to vet over to Shepreth again after Christmas.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Another cracking days shooting!
    Was very pleased that the weather, albeit a tad blustery *cough!* didn’t include any horizontal rain this time. Not that that helped the ground which already looked like a landscape from planet Bisto.
    I was quite pleased with the first half of the course (pegs 16-30), but in hindsight may just have been lulled into a false sense of achievement as I was downwind from Bruce and could take advantage of the windbreak created by that stock.

Wandering up to peg 1 we knew things were about to get worse as Simon & Co staggered towards up looking like lost Creatures of the Black Lagoon. I think we could still make out the colour of their clothing at about collar level. All became clear as we saw pegs 1 and 2. *Mental note: must ask Santa for a bigger mat*.I thought Ralph was joking when he said he’d used his mat as a dingy.

The second half was, as my score card indicates, atrocious!! With Bruce and his multi-functional stock no where to be seen all I could do was aim into oblivion and hope that when I opened my eyes again I might have hit something. Not good, still, nice to see that I could have been chasing for 3rd in the .22……. though maybe not if a countback was employed as my card looked like a naïve drawing of a picket fence for most of it….

Looking forward to the next one, might get the HW77 up and running for that.
    Have we thought of a special SMK / Relum themed shoot some time? I can probably provide a few specimens if anyones brave enough to have a go. I’m thinking no targets further away than 20 yards and nothing smaller than a shed.

Great day, a tad blustery but a nice sunny day and i think one of the best courses for a while well done mark,simon,chris and bruce. I liked that we had a few more longer shots and high ones that made you think because of the wind, that i missed them does'nt matter it was just a good alround course today. Thanks to wayne for the good company and remember to get the zeroing done before the windy day.
    Note to oneself the lad is getting better best i go back to .22
    HW100 .177 Panorama Theoben Panorama
    HW100 .22 Panorama HW97 Nikon

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by batfink View Post
    Have we thought of a special SMK / Relum themed shoot some time? I can probably provide a few specimens if anyones brave enough to have a go. I’m thinking no targets further away than 20 yards and nothing smaller than a shed.
    It might be a laugh to try this, i have a Relum Jelly hidden away somewhere, though 'Jelly' probably is a description of the internals.

are you sure thats not Petroleum jelly
    the defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

Quote Originally Posted by regsie View Post
    Thanks to wayne for the good company and remember to get the zeroing done before the windy day.
    Note to oneself the lad is getting better best i go back to .22

and to you matt it was a laugh even if i could n't hit anything
    that'll teach me to change pellets during the winter

think you need a few more weeks shooting 177 so you can get even with the young upstart

see you all at next shepreth or at next southern hunters
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    It might be a laugh to try this, i have a Relum Jelly hidden away somewhere, though 'Jelly' probably is a description of the internals.
    Ahhhh.... we have the super-deluxe Jelly 'Repetier'... a true technological wonder. Its a break barrel fitted with a self loading tube (similar to the ones Air Arms tried on the Mistral and gammo on the Paratrooper). Once you've cocked it, ensured the tube is dead level with the barrel, coaxed the little pellet out of the tube and into said same barrel, well... its almost as fast as loading by hand!!
    We could do an optional scoped class; not sure how many arrester blocks we'd need though...