Thread: Decembers Vintage & Open Class Results

Decembers Vintage & Open Class Results

Hi all.

Here's the Results for the Vintage & Open class Rifle Competition

Thanks for taking part in this competition & well done to the top shooters.

There was alot of talk about this one, especially the target. After shooting it me & Jim clearly understand your points about the target.

So we have come up with a 'set' of targets one for each month. This will hopefully catch people out & open up the scores. The targets will be put on the competition website before the next round. Remember guys I would like to keep the fun factor going.

So let's have your thoughts please.

For me I enjoyed the comp, getting a chance to use some of my collection, it would of been most, but xmas shopping got in the way of that. My Son & Daughter took part & even my wife was going to have a go but alsa we run out of time.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Exclamation Open comp

Thanks for running the comp, enjoyable, but "glad" Ur doing new target, although not so glad about New targets every month, be a pain to keep running them off, like to do a batch, see what all the guys want,but monthly Not for me, thanks again...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Thanks for running the comp, enjoyable, but "glad" Ur doing new target, although not so glad about New targets every month, be a pain to keep running them off, like to do a batch, see what all the guys want,but monthly Not for me, thanks again...mike...
    Hi Mike.

No worries about running the comp.

The target does need changing that I agree.

It is too easy just to revert back to the original vintage target, however even that the rings are still big. As said before the 6yd / 10m are the more serious of competitions. So with these I want to keep the fun factor into it. Now These targets will not be like the sideshoot ones. They are ones dedicated or a rendition of vintage/older style targets.

As for printing a batch again I can understand why you want to do that, but these are once a month so again my thought process is there is no rush or a need for mass printing.

Behind my Camo exterior I do have a method to my maddness

But then again 'if' & only 'if' the majority want to go back to the original target, so be it. But have a think about it first.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Exclamation Target

happy with much smaller target buddy thats why i e mailed target to U
    as my scores so high for me!, but different & coloured targets expensive to produce (relative to Ur income i know) + @ work i can produce them on thin card, atb...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

There was alot of talk about this one, especially the target. After shooting it me & Jim clearly understand your points about the target.

So we have come up with a 'set' of targets one for each month. This will hopefully catch people out & open up the scores. The targets will be put on the competition website before the next round. Remember guys I would like to keep the fun factor going.

So let's have your thoughts pleae

That's the best way to so it! A real shooter learns to handle whatever target circumstances throw his way.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thumbs down Targets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    That's the best way to so it! A real shooter learns to handle whatever target circumstances throw his way.

Jim
    after 50 yrs of shooting i can & have taken what comes my way
    & do'nt need lectures on the subject, but we have to be carefull not to launch from 1 extreme to another & in this time of Recession Cost does matter
    even if it does'nt for You, I @ least backed up my inflated scores with an e mailed target. The target needs changing it needs to be challenging, it does not surely want to reduce the already low number of participants, or is it more changes to remove shooters who do'nt follow Mods views of the shooting world. I'll happily withdraw from this comp to, like i had to from the 6yd pistol comp, it would seem the ubc is for able bodied wealhy shooters only.
    Good luck in your rose tinted world...mike...

& do'nt need lectures on the subject, but we have to be carefull not to launch from 1 extreme to another & in this time of Recession Cost does matter
    even if it does'nt for You, I @ least backed up my inflated scores with an e mailed target. The target needs changing it needs to be challenging, it does not surely want to reduce the already low number of participants, or is it more changes to remove shooters who do'nt follow Mods views of the shooting world. I'll happily withdraw from this comp to, like i had to from the 6yd pistol comp, it would seem the ubc is for able bodied wealhy shooters only.

Mike

I have already explained my reasoning of the change of targets.

I try my hardest to 'please' everyone. But I know I cannot do that so I always try & come up with a compremise.

I do not have a biased opinion & I class everyone as equal.

This comp is for fun & I do want it to be challaging, the targets we have come up will have a black & white version on the pdf to save on ink. We came up with the free style to try & let everyone take part.

I'm sorry you feel this way. But there isn't any hidden agenda & I know I'm not wealthy or class myself as wealthy, all I strive to do with these comps is bring some fun & real purpose.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Exclamation targets

Paddy of all the people in the ubc you are the 1 person i would not choose to offend, although the club formed by cookie, i see U as the driving force working tirelessly for the club & its members, i thank u for what u do and "apologise" if i offended "u" never my intention, however i stick to my guns on the general comments, cos U & i were having a civilised discusion on the new targets when another Mod justs bypasses it & states how it will be,
    bypassing all discussion, so it would seem its all cut & dry & discussion just a paper exercise Good luck to you Paddy & all who compete, but its not for me
    ...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Mickson, I really wish I know why you found my message so offensive, or why you believe my comments were in any way directed at you. Because they weren't. In fact, they were simply commets, and not directed at anyone.

However, since you raised a number of points, please allow me to address them.

First of all, I didn't and don't regard my comments as a "lecture".

There is no rule about e-mailing targets. These are all fun matches on the honor system. If someone really wanted to cheat, he'd just have to put the muzzle against the center of the bull and fire the required number of shots anyway! I have no desire to see targets when I score thePolice shoot, and I doubt that any of the other moderators do.

No one is out to "remove" shooters. We have never removed a shooter yet. There is no "Mods view of the shooting world". The several moderators here all have various shooting interests and many different opinions. What happened here is that Paddy and Jim D. created a new target, there were criticisms about it, some of these criticisms have worked out as predicted (too many high scores), and things are being adjusted as needed.

I am neither young, able-bodied, nor wealthy. I am 58 years old, I have suffered from extreme myopia since childhood, I was hospitalized at 24 because my blood pressure was so high the doctor thought I was going to have a heart attack, and I have been on medication for it since. I have neither sharp eyes, nor steady hands. I have also retired recently from my modest-paying job with the Department of the Navy and am going to be living on my wife's pay, a modest pension, and what little employment I might be fortunate enough to find.

Regards,

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Paddy of all the people in the ubc you are the 1 person i would not choose to offend, although the club formed by cookie, i see U as the driving force working tirelessly for the club & its members, i thank u for what u do and "apologise" if i offended "u" never my intention, however i stick to my guns on the general comments, cos U & i were having a civilised discusion on the new targets when another Mod justs bypasses it & states how it will be,
    bypassing all discussion, so it would seem its all cut & dry & discussion just a paper exercise Good luck to you Paddy & all who compete, but its not for me
    ...mike...
    Mike, why are you so angry? It seems that you are paranoid that everyone is out to get you, or exclude you from things. Jim made a comment, that was it, just a comment.

I am so upset that you feel this way.

Cheer up guy, we're your friends.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi all.

Here's the Results for the Vintage & Open class Rifle Competition

Thanks for taking part in this competition & well done to the top shooters.

So let's have your thoughts please.

For me I enjoyed the comp, getting a chance to use some of my collection, it would of been most, but xmas shopping got in the way of that. My Son & Daughter took part & even my wife was going to have a go but alsa we run out of time.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Thanks for running the comp, I thoroughly enjoyed it. These have been my first ever rifles, I've bought 2 SYNXS. This was my first ever comp

All I have to go now is work out how to keep the damn thing steady

Like your thinking on the targets.

ATB

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Way hay, the trigger work paid off on the old O-6M, second place and just look at those scores, I like this target
    But I agree it's not really suitable and needs to be changed . It was fun though and I'm glad we did it. Fun is what it's all about after all. (We don't even get awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for this one)

Changing targets each month doesn't bother me too much, as long as I know. I too like to print them at work, ssssh! and have a batch of the coloured bullseyes I got caught with. But hey, they'll get used up for practice and I now know not to print more than three or four at a time for this competition. So bring 'em on boys, do your worst. (Ooops, what have I said).

Mike, chill a little mate. No-ones out to get you as far as I can see and you are a valued member of this club, I for one, would miss you if you drifted away due to perceived persecution.
    We all agree that this target was unsuitable and it's going to be changed. I take your point about the cost, but now that we know it will be different each month it shouldn't be an issue in the future. Inconvenient maybe but shouldn't increase the cost. Me, I will put up with the small inconvenience as others work very hard to make these competitions a success and all I have to do is shoot, great!!
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it