Thread: Rough Valuation please - HW80

Rough Valuation please - HW80

As title gents...

I spotted a 2nd hand .22 HW80 in the rack of a sports store & wondered if any of you could roughly age it & approx value. It is complete with a Nikko Stirling 'Gold Crown' 6 x 40 scope & is in fairly good condition with only a few blemishes to the action near the safety catch & a couple of small wear & tear dinks to the woodwork.

I hastily snapped a couple of shots on my phone, so please excuse the quality of the pictures. The breech block is engraved HW80 in italics, 'Made in Germany', 'KAL 5.5' & a 'GB' in a circle. It also has the Hull Cartridge stamp on the barrel.

Any info much appreciated as usual.

There will be more knowledgeable folk along in a mo, My guess is anywhere from £180 to £250.

Good luck, Phil

Thanks. Looking at the square stock - is this a mk1? Front & rear sights are present also...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by brinkster73 View Post
    Thanks. Looking at the square stock - is this a mk1? Front & rear sights are present also...
    Yes, looks like a Mk 1. Could be 20 years old! That type of scope was popular back then too. If you email Weihrauch with the serial no they will tell you when it was made.

I think it would be worth about £150ish on the BBS, so £190ish for a shop? It looks very nice.

Hw80

Thats a MK1, but check the serial number someone could have easily swapped stocks. If it helps mine is serial no 902XXX and was bought new in 1981, so it could even be nearer 30 years old. Best version of the best air rifle ever...

Chrono it as well if its an 80 and .22 it could be a little hot.

Sorry price wise 150 to 200.

Thanks for the info gents, I'll go & have a closerlook at it tomorrow.