Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beeman c1 shoot or not?

Beeman c1 shoot or not?

I have a Beeman C1 that is like brand new with its box and pellets that came from the Webley collection auction. My question is should i keep it as is and just get it out now and then or should i put a scope on it and shoot it and enjoy it???

Quote Originally Posted by t1mm View Post
    I have a Beeman C1 that is like brand new with its box and pellets that came from the Webley collection auction. My question is should i keep it as is and just get it out now and then or should i put a scope on it and shoot it and enjoy it???
    i have two from the same source one of each /177-22 MINT
    have threaded the barrel of one and put a 2 stage trigger on the other
    never going to be worth a fortune but they are actually cracking little guns to shoot and very powerful for there size
    have a WTC 1.5-5 on one

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i have two from the same source one of each /177-22 MINT
    have threaded the barrel of one and put a 2 stage trigger on the other
    never going to be worth a fortune but they are actually cracking little guns to shoot and very powerful for there size
    have a WTC 1.5-5 on one
    With provenance like that, you might regret that later.
    To the OP, I'd say shoot the rifle by all means, but keep a copy of the lot details from the auction (or the actual catalogue if you still have it), and any packaging that came with the rifle. Also, don't alter it.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    With provenance like that, you might regret that later.
    To the OP, I'd say shoot the rifle by all means, but keep a copy of the lot details from the auction (or the actual catalogue if you still have it), and any packaging that came with the rifle. Also, don't alter it.
    think they were about £120 each or something at the time
    dont think they are ever going to be worth more than £150 if i keep them in a airtight glass case so i am going to enjoy mine
    still have the tickets though

I got one when they came out, paid £45 for it from Bond and Bywater in Preston. Webley Victor action in a straight hand stock as I remember. I got an Optima 4x32 for it too. Struggled to shoot it accuratley though.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    If you don't want to shoot it, then sell it.

If you want to keep it, shoot it!

Like the chap said, its a Webley Victor in a lil' stock. Alot of power in a small packet, so very hold-sensitive, plenty of practice will make it a fun rifle on the range. Keeping it pristine will only make a fiver or a tenner a year - life's too short.

Spot on advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    If you don't want to shoot it, then sell it.

If you want to keep it, shoot it!

Like the chap said, its a Webley Victor in a lil' stock. Alot of power in a small packet, so very hold-sensitive, plenty of practice will make it a fun rifle on the range. Keeping it pristine will only make a fiver or a tenner a year - life's too short.
    ATB Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Spares for the C1/Victor are still available, if you know where to look, so its not the end of the world if your break it in use.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

these guns are meant for shooting and enjoying the ownership of these things go together
    if you have to keep it in a glass case it may as well be someone else's
    I WILL NEVER BE A REAL COLLECTOR

Value already said is £150 which could buy a much better second hand rifle. Some collectors like mint so unless you really feel the need to shoot it then pass it on. A used one might be half to quarter of the price.

Mint guns are nice but then again guns are for shooting. However, a lot of guns aren't that great at shooting and a real disappointment once out of the box. So there is an argument to leave them mint and remain blissfully ignorant of how bad they were

There were thousands upon thousands of plinking rifles made and most were enjoyed for the entertainment they gave. Mint ones are not so common but still will never be very valuable and never be very important. You can do what you want with it

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I got one when they came out, paid £45 for it...
    Very good price - the recommended retail was £80.

Well that settles it then i will put a scope on it and enjoy it. But at the same time i will keep all the bits and pieces that came with it ( auction certificate, box, pellets etc ). I was thinking of buying a new BSA lightning but i have dug this out from my collection and cant see the point of buying a new gun when i have one that is as good as new just sitting there waiting to be enjoyed.

Thanks for your help guys.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Don't hold with keeping these things in aspic. As already said they are there to be used, put them in a case and don't touch them they may as well be carboard cut outs. Obviously take care of them, keep them working (which in my view is the best way to keep them in good all round condition) but enjoy them for what they are. Spoke to someone once who owned a Westley Richards Highest Possible, he'd never shot it, too valuable... How could you resist trying it??

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    A good tune up and you've bought a pretty good springer for £150, what you gonna get for that these days ?
    If you really like having things for collecting sake, cool, but if you are a shooter, get it sorted and shoot it
    shoots just like a webley stingray / which is what it is realy and the internal parts are interchangeble so spares shouldnt be a problem
    as i said i have two cracking little guns

Talking c1

I shoot my c1 at the club every couple of weeks great gun always on the lookout for another but id never box one and look at it.get it out there and use it.
    Hw100kt;ftp900,aa tx,Hw40..Cosford/Kibby/Misfits