Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" Webley Tempest Centennial Pistol!

"New" Webley Tempest Centennial Pistol!

So, I'm perusing the new Webley website and it appears next year, they will be introducing a limited edition Webley Tempest pistol. I must admit to being curious since their Typhoon pistol is an abomination and I sincerely hope they don't screw up Webley's reputation further by producing the Tempest on the cheap.

I was wondering if anybody on the forum has heard anything more as the website doesn't post any pictures. Over here Webley post receivership is a dirty word, especially regarding their quality.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Well, at £200 it had better be good..... I suppose that it might in fact be a using up of old parts. When 'Webley' first arose from the ashes they produced Xocets, Tomahawks, Stingrays etc. using old unused parts from the Birmingham days. It may be that there are enough parts for a 'limited edition' perhaps with various bits of bling, wooden grips and the like.

If its not this then what......?

Whatever, nice to see it back, even if I cannot afford one! Would be even nicer to see the Tempest back for good, even if in a Turkish varient.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    So, I'm perusing the new Webley website and it appears next year, they will be introducing a limited edition Webley Tempest pistol. I must admit to being curious since their Typhoon pistol is an abomination and I sincerely hope they don't screw up Webley's reputation further by producing the Tempest on the cheap.

I was wondering if anybody on the forum has heard anything more as the website doesn't post any pictures. Over here Webley post receivership is a dirty word, especially regarding their quality.
    Well, they aren't really Webley's are they? The name has been sold to another company, and that is all that remains. So you can't be disappointed.

The design of the 'limited edition' (limited what? quality?) will be the same as the original Tempest one imagines. But it will be like expecting a Norinco .45 1911 to be like a real Colt Gold Cup. It just ain't going to happen.

The closest thing to a Webley over-lever pistol is now, biazarrley, a Weihrauch HW45 (that's a Beeman P1 I think?).

The appearance of the 'new' Tempest will be virtually the same as the original Tempest.
    The reason for the price is that the first 'limited edition' models will be housed in a leather covered fitted case, which is a replica of the old canvas and leather Webley pistol case, and very nice it is too.
    It's a pity they won't be available until next year, as they would have made great Xmas presents.

turkish tempest

I spoke to webley on the phone the other day they said the new tempest would be an exact copy they also said they would be in store before christmas i dout they'll be any where near the quality of the original

So this is the beginning of the Tempest being properly reintorduced? Well that would be excellent news, whereeverits built. Remember, real Webley themselves experimented with a plastic version. Well I will buy one (not the limited ediiton perhaps) when they appear.

I was just looking on the new webley site Re this new Tempest
    WEBLEY ‘TEMPEST CENTENNIAL’ SPRING AIR PISTOL

A Limited Edition of Webley’s full-power (6ft/lbs) iconic ‘Tempest’ pistol

I have never thought of the tempest as being that powerfull or not the ones that I have shot can this be rite.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I was just looking on the new webley site Re this new Tempest
    WEBLEY ‘TEMPEST CENTENNIAL’ SPRING AIR PISTOL

A Limited Edition of Webley’s full-power (6ft/lbs) iconic ‘Tempest’ pistol

I have never thought of the tempest as being that powerfull or not the ones that I have shot can this be rite.
    No, they do 3.5 ft/lbs most of the time, perhaps if you tuned the out of a .22 you might get 4.5 and plenty of recoil to boot. Little compression chamber, little spring, poor mechanical advantage of short overlever, inefficient transfer port, it ain't going to happen.

They must be talking through their Hat(sans). Merry Christmas!

Smile Ratgunner

Bought a Webley Allecto recently, up to yet it's great, if the seals hold out as stated It may well be a cult gun yet,

See Ratgunner in the review column and make your own mind up,

Tried to put in Webley Allecto instead of Ratgunner and failed

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    No, they do 3.5 ft/lbs most of the time, perhaps if you tuned the out of a .22 you might get 4.5 and plenty of recoil to boot. Little compression chamber, little spring, poor mechanical advantage of short overlever, inefficient transfer port, it ain't going to happen.

They must be talking through their Hat(sans). Merry Christmas!

Agreed.

And if you want a proper Webley Tempest then the best advice is keep an eye in Collectors or Sales section of BBS. A mint/boxed one (made in GB)at about £120 is a gift.
    hold me back !!

Tempest

I turned down a boxed mint .22 Tempest at an Arms Fair at Bisley, It was only 75 quid so there are still bargains about.

On the subject of where its made remember Webley used a lot of outside contractors for the Tempest/Hurricane and whilst the majority of components were UK sorced and assembled the barrels came from LLama in Spain and many of the smaller components were German.

Like most things then, an international product!

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Anyone got any piccies of the Tempest Centennial yet? I've just put a deposit down with BAR and want to know if it's going to be plain vanilla, or something special to actually celebrate the 100yrs.

Now if they made a 100th anniversary edition of the Service MkII........
    Jerry

[Jerrybbs;3989236]Anyone got any piccies of the Tempest Centennial yet? I've just put a deposit down with BAR and want to know if it's going to be plain vanilla, or something special to actually celebrate the 100yrs.
    See post #4. Nothings changed.

Now if they made a 100th anniversary edition of the Service MkII........
    If only. I dread to think what the cost would be.

Hmmm

i paid £40 for this- posted, it really is mint cond.... a bit of a bargain it would seem....

Tempest

Tempest again

With his 'kin'

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/