Thread: What are the Pisskateers?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

What are the Pisskateers?

I hear talk of such things afoot: pray tell, what are they?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim.

You Need to read >>THIS<< thread on our UBC forum to get the jist of it But the Avatars have been changing around a few times, by some 'joker'

Sure enough Jef or Paul will fill you in with the finer details
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Jim
    It's all my fault I'm afraid. In one of my rasher moments singing Paddy's praises for all his hard work I made reference to his poor shooting being down to various factors including three of us, Paul (Shootist), Sol and myself being particularly heavy handed with the banter one evening (or two) and referred to us as the three pisskateers. Post #30 in this thread. The three of us taking the p***, English slang for taking the micky or making fun. (I'm sure you knew that, the amount of time you spend with us). I just made up the word on the spur of the moment from recollections of 'The Three Musketeers' by Alexandre Dumas and Pistoliers that came from an old western film I think, it seemed to fit rather well at the time.

And then it just growed, totally beyond my control. We even seem to have adopted names from the characters in Dumas' book

Then Paddy fought back with the avatar offensive (although he denies this) and is in danger of becoming the fourth pisskateer, although Nick (Magicniner) is in the running too but he already has an alias as Q so may loose out for the Aramis moniker. I am sure though, that the Pisskateers would almost certainly benefit from having a Q in their membership.

Remember too Jim, it's nearly Christmas and some of us are getting a little frisky, 'tis the season to be jolly after all
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Ah, got'cha! Just was hoping that it wasn't something else I might be tempted to pay dues to!

That's one reason I love the UBC so much: you can't beat the membership fees!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

You're ok there Jim, the only requirements for membership are a sense of humour and a thick skin. You have to able to take what you dish out on this forum

I do find myself buying from our sponsor whenever possible, in lieu of membership fees for the BBS.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Hi Jim
    It's all my fault I'm afraid. In one of my rasher moments singing Paddy's praises for all his hard work I made reference to his poor shooting being down to various factors including three of us, Paul (Shootist), Sol and myself being particularly heavy handed with the banter one evening (or two) and referred to us as the three pisskateers. Post #30 in this thread. The three of us taking the p***, English slang for taking the micky or making fun. (I'm sure you knew that, the amount of time you spend with us). I just made up the word on the spur of the moment from recollections of 'The Three Musketeers' by Alexandre Dumas and Pistoliers that came from an old western film I think, it seemed to fit rather well at the time.

And then it just growed, totally beyond my control. We even seem to have adopted names from the characters in Dumas' book

Then Paddy fought back with the avatar offensive (although he denies this) and is in danger of becoming the fourth pisskateer, although Nick (Magicniner) is in the running too but he already has an alias as Q so may loose out for the Aramis moniker. I am sure though, that the Pisskateers would almost certainly benefit from having a Q in their membership.

Remember too Jim, it's nearly Christmas and some of us are getting a little frisky, 'tis the season to be jolly after all

It has been a good laugh hasn't it & may it LONG continue.

For me I'll stay as the 'joker' ,well for now anyway, until my Avatar changes, that will depend on the mood I'm in

BE-HAPPY-OK

Hmmmm.... always thought of myself as a MustGetBeer...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiekneejerk View Post
    Are you sure that shouldn't be MustGetBetter
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    No that should be me , as Ed is a good shot
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiekneejerk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    No that should be me , as Ed is a good shot
    Hmmm, fair comment. Those who live in glasshouses etc. Sorry Eddie
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Hmmm, fair comment. Those who live in glasshouses etc. Sorry Eddie
    Sorry for pointing it out Paul. Wasn't being funny

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Good shot?
    Me?
    How very DARE you!!

I use the force and a good sized portion of luck....