Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW35KLS Where Weihrauch Went Wrong

HW35KLS Where Weihrauch Went Wrong

I love the 35 and the thought of the KLS version really appealled but I've noticed many still on the shelves and even reduced at the various gunshops I visit.

Why well I think HW have produced a rifle for scope use only, but given it a laminated version of the current rather plain 35 stock, had they given us a Tyrolean, thumbhole or even an Export Monte Carlo type laminated stock more suited for use with a scope they'd have flown off the shelves.

Anyone agree with me on this?
    Last edited by coburn; 09-12-2009 at 02:38 PM.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I love the 35 and the thought of the KLS version really appealled but I've noticed many still on the shelves and even reduced at the various gunshops I vist.

Why well I think HW have produced a rifle for scope use only, but given it a laminated version of the current rather plain 35 stock, had they given us a Tyrolean, thumbhole or even an Export Monte Carlo type laminated stock more suited for use with a scope they'd have flown off the shelves.

I think it's just more likely that the HW35 has had it's day.
    What's the power like on the present day HW35s? I know that the ones for sale in the 1980s were very over hyped and not as poweful as the advertisers would have had us believe.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    What's the power like on the present day HW35s? I know that the ones for sale in the 1980s were very over hyped and not as poweful as the advertisers would have had us believe.

Not sure about that. I think the HW35's will continue to sell as they are very 'honest' guns and do what they should do. I think the 'special edition' offers nothing against the much cheaper standard version, which is more likely the reason they sit on the shelf. For the UK market the power level is about right for that size springer (about 10.5ftibs)

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    I just prefer the 35's with 22 inch barrels! oh, and the export stock!
    Now if they remade them......

I think a lot of people find the barrel release tricky and tend to look at the 95 as a successor???? How wrong they are

a nylon piston sealed hw35 tuned up .22 will go over the limit and a tuned .177 will do 11ft.lbs + with minimal recoil...i speak from experience

if they had kept the (old ) rounded pistol grip i reckon it would have looked cool as nudge with a coloured laminated stock / i would have one
    i think the looks alone would have sold that IMO the new shape stock is lame

I have just got hold of the HW35Kls myself, its eye catching and a bit different. Not tried it over a chrono yet so will have to see. I also have a 1980,s Optima 35e with 22 inch barrel and 2 Normay Vixens so i think you could say i like the Hw 35!, but following an accident to my upper arm and some residual nerve damage i switched to a SFS Banshee 2 in .177, superb nice light and hard hitting. i hope to see the 35 continue for a long time to come yet!

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I love the 35 and the thought of the KLS version really appealled but I've noticed many still on the shelves and even reduced at the various gunshops I visit.

Hi Coburn

Agreed

I'd like to have seen it with a Tyrolean stock or a 97 style stock as it would have shown up the laminates better.

All the best Mick

Hi Mate

The present day HW35's are advertised by Weihrauch as sub 12ftlbs only.

I think the hype started when Airgunworld was first published, but this was mainly down to the fact that the 35 had a very large swept cylinder volume and could be tuned and stroked to FAC power levels.
    The other big selling factors of course were the Rekord trigger and the fact the gun was built to last forever.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    For the UK market the power level is about right for that size springer (about 10.5ftibs)
    Hi Stuart

Not being Funny

But would you really want to carry a gun around weighing 8.38lbs for a power output that's about the same as a BSA Meteor (5.83lbs) ?

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    a nylon piston sealed hw35 tuned up .22 will go over the limit and a tuned .177 will do 11ft.lbs + with minimal recoil...i speak from experience

Top Answer from the man from Beduff

When I was sorting my old .22" HW35 out it ended up giving 15ftlb's, that's when I realised what all the hype was about in Airgunworld 30 years ago.

In the end I had a word with myself and destroked the gun down to sub 12ftlbs.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    if they had kept the (old ) rounded pistol grip i reckon it would have looked cool as nudge with a coloured laminated stock / i would have one
    i think the looks alone would have sold that IMO the new shape stock is lame

Hi Mally

Didn't Weihrauch do a 35 with a green laminate stock that was that shape ?

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    I have just got hold of the HW35Kls myself, its eye catching and a bit different. Not tried it over a chrono yet so will have to see. I also have a 1980,s Optima 35e with 22 inch barrel and 2 Normay Vixens so i think you could say i like the Hw 35!

You're just showing off now Dave

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Mally

Didn't Weihrauch do a 35 with a green laminate stock that was that shape ?

All the best Mick
    i have only seen the flat ones but will keep my eyes open / i really like the old shape cheers

35kls

Agree with you T20, a Tyro or 97 style stock would really have set the old girl off.

Now power as T20 said 35's will easily do 12ftlbs in .22. I bought a .22 35K off here in January, fitted a new std spring and resized the nylon piston washer and it was hitting 690fps with Hobby. Its now detuned and running at 11.8ftlbs.

Think of a 35 as a short stroke 80 and you wont go wrong.