Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late model webleys

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Late model webleys

Which of the late-model Birmingham-made Webley break-barrels is the best in terms of performance - accuracy, pleasantness to shoot, stock-design etc?

This EXCLUDES the Omega.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    For me the Stingray, but esp the carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    For me the Stingray, but esp the carbine.
    agreed the longbows should be better than they are as they have everything going for them / but i have seen quite a few really low powered ones

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Yep, short stingray 22
    What about in .177 calibre? And what is it about the Stingray that edges the others?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

This EXCLUDES the Omega.
    Hmmmm. I got all excited when I saw the title but . Okay then, here is the thing. Am just coming to the end of a long-term field test with an SFS tuned Brum built .177 Webley Longbow, and have to say, it is every bit as good, or maybe even better (and that was particularly difficult for me to say), than my .177 Omega in terms of consistancy, being less pellet fussy, and in stock shape for my big mitts (Longbow is also in walnut which was not an available option, standard, for the Omega). There, I've said it ... Conducted the same Longbow Vs Omega Pepsi Challenge in .22 last year however, and here the Omega is still the top of the tree beyond question though, as I just love the barrel catch for ease of loading in the field, and in .22, the Omega, even standard, is sooooo smooth .

Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 10-12-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: house keeping.

Does Webley Venom Tomahawk qualify. Love mine,

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hmmmm. I got all excited when I saw the title but . Okay then, here is the thing. Am just coming to the end of a long-term field test with an SFS tuned Brum built .177 Webley Longbow, and have to say, it is every bit as good, or maybe even better (and that was particularly difficult for me to say), than my .177 Omega in terms of consistancy, being less pellet fussy, and in stock shape for my big mitts (Longbow is also in walnut which was not an available option, standard, for the Omega). There, I've said it ... Conducted the same Longbow Vs Omega Pepsi Challenge in .22 last year however, and here the Omega is still the top of the tree beyond question though, as I just love the barrel catch for ease of loading in the field, and in .22, the Omega, even standard, is sooooo smooth .

Atb: G.
    What have I bin tellin ya Mr W-B mate???

Ive got a crackin good Webley Longbow here and it is super accurate when I do my part,Ive owned a few newer British built Webleys,Longbow,ExocetXS,and two Tomahawks and all were as accurate as you like.I loved the XS it was a great accurate little hunting carbine and I found the Tommies to be as good as any springer Ive ever used and they are prettier than all just like the Longbow.

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Ive got a crackin good Webley Longbow here and it is super accurate when I do my part,Ive owned a few newer British built Webleys,Longbow,ExocetXS,and two Tomahawks and all were as accurate as you like.I loved the XS it was a great accurate little hunting carbine and I found the Tommies to be as good as any springer Ive ever used and they are prettier than all just like the Longbow.
    WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT everyone knows that the bestist wobbly in the hole world is the omega
    am i right GARETH
    how many crawling points have i earned

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT everyone knows that the bestist wobbly in the hole world is the omega
    am i right GARETH
    I hear you yourself own a rather nice and very accurate Tomahawk and Longbow Mr Ally mate

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    am i right GARETH
    Lots , although my Longbow, as hinted at above, is fast becoming my new .177 break-barrel British fave ... Oh, and yes Mr McMurphy Sir, ya did tell me, and i did listen.

Only Lb has LW barrel, Tommy has webley barrel which are VERY fuzzy!!
    The Stingray is a VERY nice rifle to shoot, hold, but blueing is significantly less than the Lb as is the trigger.
    The Lb is kinda a topmodel from webley, with its 'good 'ol ' blueing, and good trigger.
    They both are lively to shoot though, as they're lightweight.
    ATB,
    yana

the tommy,LB and stingray must be the best as they were the top guns of that late webley era.
    my webley venom tommy ss was a pleasure to use and deadly accurate and after i tuned it up to kill off any recoil i wanted a .177 barrel for it.

the new owner said he liked how it shot so much he left it as i sent it to him and he lives in holland where he could have upped the power....dunno if he has upped it since.