Thread: I've got a lion !

Arrow I've got a lion !

Hi all

A chap from the club gave me an old rifle last night to see if I could get it working and perhaps give it to a youngster etc

By his own admission it was a bit of a dog in fact it didn't even have the power to force a pellet out of the barrel . lol

I think its a B4 although it is marked with ' Lion ' which I think pre dated the SMK variants although I suspect one of you chaps will know ?

Anyway it will keep me busy .. for a year or too

Thanks btw Alan !

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Have a look on the UK Chinese forum , Welsh Willy does spares etc for the chinese comunity .

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry B View Post
    Have a look on the UK Chinese forum , Welsh Willy does spares etc for the chinese comunity .
    Thanks for that , we were a tad worried that the action was plugged by a piece of plastic ( original I would say ) now if I put a better spring in it would the spring fire out backwards lol
    It rattles and twists and really has seen better days , should be a laugh though I guess .

cheers

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Dave , the beauty of them is they are so "agricultural" , to work on them is easy .

Take a large hammer .... ....

Jokes aside , they do well with a tiny bit of re-engineering .

They wont fall into the TX / Pro sport / HW class , but can be turned easily into good fun guns, plinking , shooting coke cans , spinners etc.

The beauty of them is , you some how are'nt afraid to take them out in gaga weather , dont matter if they get a bit damp or muddy .

Drill out here & there , put in bigger screws made of steel , not platiscene (?)

& its ok .

Some of the under lever variants , you cant do much to improve , unless you fancy re-machining the stock. The rifle is set so far forward , you need an 8 inch trigger finger, with the strength of your thumb .

I think the chaps on this site will welcome some one of your reputation amongst them.

http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Gerry

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I like the Lion! Such an advanced action in so crude a gun. I well remember them from the 70s.

Take a look here

http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreefo...highlight=lion

Also if you pm me an email I can send you scan of an old article on them if interested.

Ollie

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    I like the Lion! Such an advanced action in so crude a gun. I well remember them from the 70s.

Take a look here

http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreefo...highlight=lion

Also if you pm me an email I can send you scan of an old article on them if interested.

Ollie
    Some good posts and stuff on that site!..This story by Bob Beeman is worth 5 mins.......

http://www.beemans.net/a_shot_of_humor.htm

Many thanks for the replies , I think the first modification that needs doing is to plug the action with metal - that plastic looks far too dodgy to me

Once I have given it a clean up ( with a wire brush and a b'stard file ) I will post some pics on here , in the meantime I have lots of reading to do on those forums . lol

thanks again

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Many thanks for the replies , I think the first modification that needs doing is to plug the action with metal - that plastic looks far too dodgy to me

Once I have given it a clean up ( with a wire brush and a b'stard file ) I will post some pics on here , in the meantime I have lots of reading to do on those forums . lol

thanks again

Dave
    Have you signed up to UK Chinese yet Dave ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry B View Post
    Have you signed up to UK Chinese yet Dave ?
    I'm trying too , I think I registered a long time ago and showed the SMK 78 but I could be wrong ???

Keep getting an error message atm but will keep trying .

many thanks

Dave

As my good Mate Gerry says Agricultural but ok with a bit of work, i cant get in to the Chinese Gun forum for some reson either. atb.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    As my good Mate Gerry says Agricultural but ok with a bit of work, i cant get in to the Chinese Gun forum for some reson either. atb.
    Nope nor can I

Must be doing something wrong I guess ?

atvb

Dave

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Dave,
    while I suspect that you'll probably be able to polish it, no matter how much you do it'll still be a turd.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    Dave,
    while I suspect that you'll probably be able to polish it, no matter how much you do it'll still be a turd.
    Yep it's going to take more than a bit of autosol on this beauty mate

Should be a bit of fun though .

atvb

Dave

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I tried polishing the sear on a DB4 and it just melted like a bit of cheese. Be careful!

The Lion was a rifle which could produce some very high velocities if you got a 'good' one, but it was sold without a scope rail and as variable in its quality.