Thread: Copied NSRA Targets

Copied NSRA Targets

All

I've just took this from the NSRA website

Targets
    Many clubs have been approached by Targets Direct offering NSRA look-alike targets for sale.

You should be aware that:

a) We have been advised by our solicitor that in many instances NSRA copyright appears to have been infringed and we are taking action against Targets Direct.

b) The use of these targets is not permitted in NSRA-organized competitions.

Alan

We looked at them about six months ago.

I asked for a sample but they never arrived.

We were worried they wouldn't be accepted for competitions and would have to keep two sets of targets so the cost saving wasn't worth the hassle.

And of course, the profits wouldn't go to the NSRA

I'll pass this onto the committee, thanks.

copied NSRA targets

I've used some of these targets this year and aside from the lower price, the card is better quality than that supplied by the nsra and the colour is more consistent. You cannot use them for nsra comps but you can use them for every other comp. I now keep at small stock of nsra cards for their comps and use these cards for everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Neil-Carter View Post
    I've used some of these targets this year and aside from the lower price, the card is better quality than that supplied by the nsra and the colour is more consistent. You cannot use them for nsra comps but you can use them for every other comp. I now keep at small stock of nsra cards for their comps and use these cards for everything else
    Have you seen the latest board used by the NSRA? It's from Germany I believe and an improvement on the old type. Leaves a nice light coloured ring round holes shot in the black.

I'm still not sure its a good thing to buy copies as they are like buying pirate software or DVDs. No money is going to the NSRA.......

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Have you seen the latest board used by the NSRA? It's from Germany I believe and an improvement on the old type. Leaves a nice light coloured ring round holes shot in the black.

I'm still not sure its a good thing to buy copies as they are like buying pirate software or DVDs. No money is going to the NSRA.......
    I agree with Bullbarrel, the new board is a stiffer type although the shot holes are deceiving because they appear slightly larger because of the "halo" around them.

The NSRA is always desperatley short of money and any lost revenue is a big hit to them, so I urge all to buy the genuine article not these copies.

Alan

Lincolnshire County Rep on the NSRA shooting council

You may only use the substitute targets if the competition organisers specifically state that fact in the conditions of entry. I do not know of any county associations that do, but I know of a considerable number that don't.

Rutty

[QUOTE=bullbarrel;3991801]Have you seen the latest board used by the NSRA? It's from Germany I believe and an improvement on the old type. Leaves a nice light coloured ring round holes shot in the black.

I've not seen what the NSRA are producing now - I'm still got a stock of nsra cards that I bought from the lord roberts centre last year for use in comps. If they are producing better quality cards now then that is great. However, with the price differential, I'm unlikely to go back to using NSRA cards for training